Using Brad Nailer For Box Building?

creyc

where are the pics?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

I liked my brad nailer when building boxes...untill my bro nailed me in the fuckin finger when we were doing a project together!!! LOL anyway...i only use the nailer to hold the wood together till i can pre dill the holes and screw the two pieces together. I just feel like the nails or even the glue isnt strong enough on its own, plus the screws pull everything together and make it all really nice and tight. And sometimes the brads will hit a hard piece in the center of the MDF and go off course and exit the side of the wood, wont look too good if you plan on painting you'r box.

But it all depends on the person, some ppl ok are with just using their nailer and glue and others arent. But either way it's a good investment because i find much more uses for my nailer than just building boxes lol.

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

Air stapler > brad nailer.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

I liked my brad nailer when building boxes...untill my bro nailed me in the fuckin finger when we were doing a project together!!! LOL anyway...i only use the nailer to hold the wood together till i can pre dill the holes and screw the two pieces together. I just feel like the nails or even the glue isnt strong enough on its own, plus the screws pull everything together and make it all really nice and tight. And sometimes the brads will hit a hard piece in the center of the MDF and go off course and exit the side of the wood, wont look too good if you plan on painting you'r box.

But it all depends on the person, some ppl ok are with just using their nailer and glue and others arent. But either way it's a good investment because i find much more uses for my nailer than just building boxes lol.

Agreed...brads or staples to hold it together while I pre-drill for the screws. I will never build an enclosure with out useing screws. While the glue joint is really strong, the MDF can easily split into layers without the extra strength to hold everything together. Extra time during the assembly could save major problems down the road.

"I don't bullshit. I do what I say & say what I mean."

Final_TopKick_Soundstream-1.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2925230

http://www.armoredhaulin.com

milwaukee and makita are some of the only tools ill buy

x2 i love makita tools and milwakees pretty damn good stuff too.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Yeah definitely get a brad nail. Much cleaner than countersunk screws and a router doesn't have a problem with them.

Also it cut down the time to build my box to a 1/3 of what it used to take countersinking and drilling screws.

Here it the one I got...

Posted Image

images-4.jpgdjscrewbanner5sf.jpgimages.jpg

"IT SOUNDS SLOW MOTION AND STUTTERING"~~~~LOL

2 15" Fi BTLs

7.5 cf box @ 33hz

Sundown SAZ-3500D

Powermaster S3400 & D3100

Iraggi 300a alt

SecondSkin - totally dead

Knu wire

Works great for holding pieces down to the bench for routing :) Like MDF speaker rings...which are a pain in the ass btw..

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Works great for holding pieces down to the bench for routing :) Like MDF speaker rings...which are a pain in the ass btw..

haha I thought I was the only one that did that.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

• 2 weeks later...

I'm I reading this right

your telling the Guy Brad Nails are Better then Screws for a Box WTF

Yeah I'm going to build a box for my 18" sub and use 2" Nails

you obviously haven't built many boxes.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

Archived