Sundown Audio

Best To Worst Amps Listed Here!

Guest GPMACHINE

yea sorry bout bumping the old thread i was jus seeing if i was the only person in the whole forum with sony xplod amp. all i gotta say is i cant see out of my rear view mirror anymore it shakes way too much. but i prolly borrow my grandpa's camera and record some vids maybe take some pics.

Cool, good on you for finding this old stuff..

As for the mirrior thing.... I agree with Fi ^^, depends on the truck(or car), and the box setup.. My wife's stock stereo in her maxima shakes her rearview..

Personally, for me, if you want to stay on topic.... RF Power amps are fantastic, I run them in everything I own (along with a couple punch amps for my mids/highs)

Fi and DC subs are tops in my book.

All personal preference of course... heavily weighted on what I use and find reliable. Everybody has their own opinion, and that's what places like this are for.. :)

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

im still in love with the RD Audio amps and woofers.

the amps are highly under rated and are same build house ( zenon ) as atomic, sundown, and adassa i believe.

the SHW are heavy as hell too.

around 70 pounds of steel slugs.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

All brands mentioned are good brands, but when it comes to a question like who and what are the top names it would have to go to-

Mcintosh

Zapco

Memphis ( Mclass Series)

GT Trading

Harmon Kardon

Fosgate (OnlyBD Series)

and as for your budget amps there are many such as-

Directed

MTX

Hifonics...

I like my ed amps they have never given me a problem, do rated power +, and they are cheap.i just would not buy anything from them that involves glue or it would fall apart :lol:

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

you cant really rely on the vibration of the rearview mirror too much because i can bassrace 146 db's and my mirror barely moves. but my other car with 2 10"s moved all day long. just my 2 cents.

Well my 2 jl 10w3v2s made my mirrors move like mad....when I put the system in my sig. in, my mirror barely moved....until it fell off :D

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

McIntosh (nice call Nismo)

Zapco

Sundown

Rockford

USAmps

Kicker

JL (constant power output over any ohm load is sick!)

I would run any of those companies, probably in that order. Due to monetary constraints, I'll probably be running sundown soon, partially because I'm very happy with my 100.4.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Archived