Fluke Digital Multimeter

Hey guys, need some help with this and hopefully some of you can help me out. I've had 2 cheapo DMM's over the past couple years and they both have the problem of the continuity beeper going out. So now I'm looking to biting the bullet and buying myself a Fluke. In the past I avoided them because I didn't have the funds for one, and even still I really don't have the funds for one, but I'm gonna have to do it eventually. :)

My problem is when I look at the models available on Fluke's website, I see a bunch of awesome meters, yet I can't tell the difference between them and decide on which one will do the purpose for me. From what I have found is that I can get a Fluke 115 true RMS meter in the $100 range which is about as high as I can go. I can either find it on Ebay or I've even seen Flukes in great condition floating around our local pawn shops. If I have the time tomorrow I will see what I can find at the shops around town, but if I cant talk them down on their prices I might just go for the one on Ebay for brand new.

I like the design on of the 115, and it seems to have everything I'll need, but I wanted to ask you guys what your opinions on the meters and models before I make my purchase.

Thanks in advance! :clapping:

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

i have the 77-4, teh secks

That one's definitely nice, but I think out of my price range for what I'll be needing.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

A Fluke 70 or better should be all you need for car audio really... I have a KAL KM3000 that I have been useing for years... KAL makes good equipment and you can usually get them pretty cheap(under 100bucks).

Posted Image

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Well I think pricewise I'm stuck between the Fluke 115 and the 117. They look to be about the same, but the 117 has the volt alert detection feature, which might be worth the extra cash.

I think I'll have a look around the pawn shops first, then ebay will be my last stop.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived