DC Sound Lab

Video Of My Lvl 4 Sub Acting Funny?

I've posted this under Subwoofer/Enclosures section but I figured I'd post it here as well since this is a DC sub. Any thoughts on what this could be?

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

">

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Edited by pervitizm

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

time for a recone...

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

im thinking recone too, but are you REALLY low on power? because the sub was barely moving

Yeah I didn't have them turned up so you could hear the actual issue with the sub. As for power, I'm running three yellowtops off my factory 160amp alt for the time being. Was gonna get a 250 Rhino alt from Mechman at the end of the month for a dual alt setup, but if I got to get the sub reconed then that's gonna have to wait a bit. Shipping rates to Nevada are hell right now.

Edited by pervitizm

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

kinda sounds like the coil is rubbing.

but recone it is.

if you press on the cone lightly while its playing does it still do it? what coils do you have? cause 2500 pre woofer is a good bit for the 4's even with level 5 coils.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Yeah I didn't have them turned up so you could hear the actual issue with the sub. As for power, I'm running three yellowtops off my factory 160amp alt for the time being. Was gonna get a 250 Rhino alt from Mechman at the end of the month for a dual alt setup, but if I got to get the sub reconed then that's gonna have to wait a bit. Shipping rates to Nevada are hell right now.

where in nevada u at???

05 Ford F150- STOLEN!!!!4 AA Havocs 15s in a WALL4 Hifonics 2006ds1 kinetik 1800 in front4 kinetik 2400s n bakHifonics MaxxlinkAudiocontrol Epicenter2 runs 1/0 guage kicker hyperflexall other wires r knukonceptzTraded In05 Chevy SilveradoAscendant Audio 16 12s2 Mechman 320s1 Kinetik 1800 in front8 Kinetik 2400s n back4 2200 Audioques ampsLots of 0 gaugePioneer DeckAudio Control preampHifonics Maxxlink

NOW

2012 Dodge Ram Hemi

4 Havoc 12s

2 AQ 2200s

2 Kinetik 2400s

Pioneer Deck

Audiocontrol Epicenter indash

All Rockford 1/0 & every cable in there

Jl audio xd 600/6

Rockford Fosgates Mids & highs

Built By Audiotistics!

kinda sounds like the coil is rubbing.

but recone it is.

if you press on the cone lightly while its playing does it still do it? what coils do you have? cause 2500 per woofer is a good bit for the 4's even with level 5 coils.

Yeah if I press on the cone it doesn't make the sound. I've got the level 5 coils, dual 1ohms. I've got the gains set low, not even half way on the amps just to make sure I'm not sending a clipping signal. I've been having issue with the boost on the amps too so that's not really on either.

Edited by pervitizm

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

where in nevada u at???

Like a good 1200 miles away. I'm in Missouri (St.Louis). Shipping to Nevada though UPS was like $80 for 4 day ground. And overnight was well into the $400 range. The thought of being without my sub for up to two weeks is kind of hard to swallow, but if it needs to be reconed then it need to get done.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Like a good 1200 miles away. I'm in Missouri (St.Louis). Shipping to Nevada though UPS was like $80 for 4 day ground. And overnight was well into the $400 range. The thought of being without my sub for up to two weeks is kind of hard to swallow, but if it needs to be reconed then it need to get done.

why not do it yourself??

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

if u went fed ex its a bit cheaper and the recone is actually easy to do just dirty and definatly cheaper comes with the glue and everything but if you did send it in it only takes like 3 days before its shipped back out so 11 days is max unless shit happens

BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN