Second Skin Audio

First System Help

If your on a budget stick to 1500watt rms on down so you wont have to get serious with the electrical . One good battery up front should handle that with 1/0 big 3 .

Then save for a good 200-250 amp alternator like the MECHMAN ProPower or Rhino largecase conversion model so if you do decide to go bigger with your setup later on . All you would need electrical wise then would be good battery out back and more 1/0 gauge wiring and fuses .

Maybe go with (1) Audioque HDC3 copper coil 15" ($249 each) http://www.audioque.com/aq/HDCSeries.htm in a 40Hz tune ported box . Probably the stoutest built sub on the market for the $$$ .

Later you could get another HDC3 15" and upgrade your power , cause I agree with everyone saying to buy for later on even if you have to wait .

Thats why I reccomend 1 baddass sub in a good enclosure rather than 2 halfass models that when you go to upgrade your either stuck with them or have to sell at a loss .

2000 Trans Am ws6 - 6spd / M9 / cam / full bolt-ons / semi full suspension / tune

1998 Integra - daily beater, [2] AB XFL-1244's / 4ft³@35Hz, 61in² / Saz-3500dv1 @.85Ω

if your sticking at 1500 rms and down i suggest

http://www.caraudiodeals.com/audiopipe-ap15001d-p-1452.html

for your amp

if your going for SQ

2 of

http://www.caraudiodeals.com/re-audio-se12d4-p-1593.html

now for wire

http://cgi.ebay.com/KnuKonceptz-Metallic-B...93%3A1|294%3A50

batt

http://cgi.ebay.com/KINETIK-HC800-HIGH-CUR...93%3A1|294%3A50

*free shipping FTMFW*

*edit* all that for about 500 bucks... just need a box, rca's and ring terminals and your good...

Edited by Army_guy614

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

level 2's are good budget subwoofers, i love my 15's, they are 300wrms i believe they are rated at but ive put 500wrms to em and they have never gotten hot at all and ive beat the piss out of em, awsome subwoofers fro the money

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

I looked at the DC audio stuff and I'm really looking for SQ. I want it loud, but I want it to have quality as this is for my daily driver and I'm 99.9% sure that I will never go to a competition of any sort.

I was trying to look at the Fi BL's but when I go to www.ficaraudio.com then click on speakers and then BL I just get a blank page. The page for the BTL's and the other ones all work, just not the BL's????

I plan to sound deaden, I was thinking of using Hushmat if I could get it on eBay but the only Hushmat I seen on eBay was a thing of 690SQ ft and I don't think I'll need anywhere near that much for a Hyundai Tiburon, plus it was $250.

My budget I guess would be around $200-300 on subs and $200-300 on an amp. I was going to try and build my own box, my dad has a lot of tools so that should not be much of a problem. I was planning on running Rockford 0 or 1 gauge wire to the amp just so I have good wire run incase three years from now I decide to do a major upgrade.

I guess this information would have been helpful to post in the first place. So, I'm looking for loud but SQ, suggestions on a good place to get Hushmat or another decent sound deadening material. I've heard of getting Dynamat off eBay but I think your mostly paying for the name when it comes to that, if I'm wrong please tell me. Budget of $200-300 for subs and the same for the amp. Any suggestions on box building, I believe I need sealed for best SQ and that seems a lot easier to build than a ported enclosure. As for the budget, I guess it could go a little higher, I don't really want it to but it wouldn't kill me. If you need any other information let me know and thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

that hifonics wont put out rated rms. it will probably put out like 1300 or so which is plenty for the two.

it will put out more than 1300 a bxi1206 has ben benched at over 900 and its rated at 1200. the amps will do the rated power wit ha very very good electrical system.

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

i got a kenwood 9103d that would work nice on thse type r's lol!

ill give him that. it is a great amp. would work nice on the are's

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

Does the Fi BL have good SQ as well as being decently loud? And why does the BL page not load on ficaraudio.com?????????

To be clear I'm looking for SQ, I don't want to listen to just thumping from an SPL setup however I do want to be able to hear my SQ, if that makes any sense.

If thats the case then you should look into the Q if you're planning on going with fi. Also look into the *** trash. I had one 15 and it was the cleanest sounding sub "I've" ever heard.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg