Sonic Electronix

so, i wasn't sure where to put this so i just put it here. i'm starting to save up and i should be getting my 4 15's soon. now, the amp i want to run with it is a hifonics xxvsampson. it puts out 8K watts. now i was also looking at the hifonics xxvgoliath. it puts out 10K watts. now this will be my first setup and there are many people doubting i can pull it off. but i want to ask, should i stick with the xxvsampson or go with the xxvgoliath??

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

If you're getting the 4 15inch lvl dc's you would better take the 10k amp, because they are going to be underpowered if you take the 8k amp.

But you need enough battery's and the electrical.

Edited by kirill007

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

If you're getting the 4 15inch lvl dc's you would better take the 10k amp, because they are going to be underpowered if you take the 8k amp.

But you need enough battery's and the electrical.

I don't necessarily agree. The 8k will be well enough power to run them since it's your first setup. Hell it might even be way too much! Most guys who run 5k+ to these subs have been doing it for years and have had multiple high power setups.

I suggest giving 3-4k to each sub since it's your first time. Once you get comfortable (and do a few more installs), you can start to add more power. But until then, play it safe.

EDIT: And by 'play it safe' I mean you'd still be giving over the rated power so everything should be tuned properly by a professional or someone with experience. You still risk blowing them with 4k.

Edited by Neo_frog

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I don't necessarily agree. The 8k will be well enough power to run them since it's your first setup. Hell it might even be way too much! Most guys who run 5k+ to these subs have been doing it for years and have had multiple high power setups.

I suggest giving 3-4k to each sub since it's your first time. Once you get comfortable (and do a few more installs), you can start to add more power. But until then, play it safe.

EDIT: And by 'play it safe' I mean you'd still be giving over the rated power so everything should be tuned properly by a professional or someone with experience. You still risk blowing them with 4k.

with 10k thats 2500 to each.

he is wanting 4 15's

Tibs 99 F-150 Build 8 twelves

8 - Re SE 12"s

2 - SunDown Audio Saz-3000d's

1 - vx4004 planet audio amp

big 3 1/0 gauge

MECHMAN 250 amp alt

MySpace

with 10k thats 2500 to each.

he is wanting 4 15's

Somehow I read that he was using two amps. :lol:

My bad man. But still though, once you get comfortable, you can start giving more power to those subs.

Edited by Neo_frog

[email protected]

lol. not 2 amps. no way. but i'll be using 4 powermaster d3100 to power the amp and probably run 1 300 amp alt and see how that does. i might get a second one later on. and one of my friends has been doing setups and he can tune boxes and wire them all correctly and whatnot. so go with the 10K amp??

it'll be a daily driver AND for comp but i won't be turning it up way loud for daily. just some good poundage daily and then something that'll come close if not win a comp.

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

lol. not 2 amps. no way. but i'll be using 4 powermaster d3100 to power the amp and probably run 1 300 amp alt and see how that does. i might get a second one later on. and one of my friends has been doing setups and he can tune boxes and wire them all correctly and whatnot. so go with the 10K amp??

it'll be a daily driver AND for comp but i won't be turning it up way loud for daily. just some good poundage daily and then something that'll come close if not win a comp.

Well when I said tuning I meant the amp and headunit (plus any EQs or processors you'll be adding). Make sure you have an o-scope handy when you get all the stuff and remove all the clipping so your subs/speakers will only see clean power.

Hand help o-scopes are less than $200 online and are a necessity.

[email protected]

Well when I said tuning I meant the amp and headunit (plus any EQs or processors you'll be adding). Make sure you have an o-scope handy when you get all the stuff and remove all the clipping so your subs/speakers will only see clean power.

Hand help o-scopes are less than $200 online and are a necessity.

ohhh. alright. i haven't really looked into which ones i'm getting but i have the amp and h/u picked out. just not the EQs or any o-scopes yet. i deff have to get all of them though.

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300