camino_1to3 Posted April 21, 2009 Report Posted April 21, 2009 Yo yo yo. Some of ya'll wanna throw down your thoughts on optimum 4Kw daily handling drivers, single drivers that is. I think I know 'em all, but shout out some drivers so I have a wider array and in case something pops up that's slipped my mind! Thanks guys! -Thomas P.S. - If you don't know, don't reply, I don't care to hear from people that don't know what they're talking about. Team T3 Audio Team Sundown Audio Team O.B.M Operation Beast Mode "Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear" wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".
LT.Smoke Posted April 21, 2009 Report Posted April 21, 2009 Lms Ultra's and DD 9500's will take 4K daily and love every minute of ground cracking pressure being generated Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
Neo_frog Posted April 21, 2009 Report Posted April 21, 2009 T3 TSNS Memphis MOJO 15 (Quad 1) Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
loganberry Posted April 21, 2009 Report Posted April 21, 2009 dc level 5's My F-150 Build GET ON THE BANDWAGON what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder hahah jk
camino_1to3 Posted April 21, 2009 Author Report Posted April 21, 2009 Memphis MOJO 15 (Quad 1)How do you think it can handle that? Not calling you wrong, I don't know much of those drivers.. but can one really handle that much power? Wiring it in parallel would create a .25 ohm load also. Team T3 Audio Team Sundown Audio Team O.B.M Operation Beast Mode "Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear" wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".
Pioneer~Saturn Posted April 21, 2009 Report Posted April 21, 2009 BTL, no complaints from mine off a XXX10k daily Team Tupperware <First dual-alternator 'real' Saturn (pre-2002) on the planet>(3) 15" Fi SP4's fed by (2) M3a's strapped @ .66712.75 cubes net @ 25Hz with 200 sq inches of port area (lowz...?)Stock alt position (custom bracket) 225 amp Mechman Roof = steel and fiberglass (u mad?)(2) XS Power D3100's, (2) rhino batts, No battery upfront (for now, smh)4 power+ 4 ground runs of 1/0-gauge to rear"If its been done before...you're doing it wrong" : ) "stfu about scores and float $hit..."
loburbon Posted April 21, 2009 Report Posted April 21, 2009 dd 9500 series and t3 tsns will handle that amount of power with no problems 2000 gmc yukon 4 sundown Zv3 15's 4 dd m2a's kenwood kdc-x994 2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000 dual alts. 154@37hz and climbing http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683 http://www.myspace.com/torque150
ISO Posted April 21, 2009 Report Posted April 21, 2009 Memphis MOJO 15 (Quad 1) How do you think it can handle that? Not calling you wrong, I don't know much of those drivers.. but can one really handle that much power? Wiring it in parallel would create a .25 ohm load also. I was working for one of the shops that was doing the testing on the 2000 watt MOJO amps and the MOJO 15 inch quads back in 2002 and I believe they can handle 4,000 watts daily for music.We were burping 4 MOJO amps (modded) per 15 inch MOJO quad coil sub. If I remember rite the boss was getting 3,300 watts out of those amps, so we were burping 13,200 watts per 15 inch quad and we never had any problems. I think he blew them only once from playing with them and we reconed them and never had a problem again that year. In fact I'm pretty sure it was because of my boss that Memphis had to start advertising the Quad coil version in their litature because he was risking getting disqualified for running a sub that was not in production for the general population. I don't like Memphis personally but they do make some damn good equipment. MOJO 2 ohm stable 2,000 watt amp, he was getting 3,300 watts at 1 ohm. Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one. "Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go." Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. The Destruction of a person builds character.
uhoh_45 Posted April 21, 2009 Report Posted April 21, 2009 that was the mojos back in 2002 since then have they improved stayed the same or downgraded? R.I.P! (Nov-29-2009) 92 explorer - 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz BUILD LOG current build 97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0 lumina build log
Neo_frog Posted April 21, 2009 Report Posted April 21, 2009 The MCD4KW was originally designed for running MOJOs. They came out with the Q1s which are stronger than the D2 meant for one or four 4kws. I belive it was Cory Jacobsen (?) who was running 6 mojos Q1s on 24 4KWs and held the world record in Extreme 5+ for a while. I could be wrong there, it's been a while. I was putting 4k into the 12" MOJO D2s and they were eating it up just fine. They are very strong and convenient with the field recone option. Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.