It changes color via pearls painted in a certian order, Its a form of tri-coat paint base, then pearl, then clear.

some even have to pearl coats then clear. and depending on the order of that pearl it shifts different...

who mixes this one, and will it work on something small like a guitar?

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

Look for a auto color store or a finishmasters ....both companies are autobody supply houses, and they both are dupont dealers. I dont know if they are on the west coast, I think so.... Either way, that is what you wanna find in the phone book, a autobody supply.... The Dupont chroma illusion is , as the other guy said, a three stage paint. I worked in a bodyy shop in high school, and I used to love to watch the painter sparay this stuff.... It is a lot of work, and it can be fucked up pretty easy if the painter doesnt know what he is doing. That is sort of a rarity now, since it has been out for a while, and most painters are more than familiar with it. It requires great prep work, and at least three coats of color and pearl combinations, and that doesnt even include the coats of a true clear coat. You see alot of thee paint jobs riding around, and honestly, mosto fthem are done half assed.... The shop I worked at had a Dupont training seminar there for all the local painters, and seeing the paint job done by the people who created the product.... I am telling you, it is a big difference in color change, consistency, and smoothness.... really one hell of a neat product.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

A friend of mine owns what I think is the best body shop in Tucson and one of his trucks has the paint on it, he says it isn't much harder than doing a regular paint job.

l_54d0a4b1fb20cdd13a2eb6c063d64793.jpg

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

u can go to autozone buy the pack of 4 paint bottle box for like 30 40 dollars and read the steps and u will learn everything u need to know there is like 3 different coats and then a clear coat i painted my sisters bike like chamilion redish but also looked marron and blue its was pretty cool.. i dont know about cars tho maybe a dark ass blue that looks black from far away but with sun in it u can tell its like other colors

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

It changes color via pearls painted in a certian order, Its a form of tri-coat paint base, then pearl, then clear.

some even have to pearl coats then clear. and depending on the order of that pearl it shifts different...

chameleon/ harlequin and kameleon paints shouldnt be confused wit pealr paints, the pigments used are totally different, pearls have 2 sides which refract the light differently as it hits it, the other paints have numerouse sides in which it defracts the light differently wit different angles, unlike pearls which needs the light to be actually hitting the pigments to change colors, the other paints can cange color in the shade.

the usual painting process for them is a black base, then the color, then clear, the color has all the pigments that change colors in 1 can, where as pearls you need different colors to provide more than 1 shift.

krem

A friend of mine owns what I think is the best body shop in Tucson and one of his trucks has the paint on it, he says it isn't much harder than doing a regular paint job.

l_54d0a4b1fb20cdd13a2eb6c063d64793.jpg

my girl loves this color. comes on the new chevs

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

you got some weird dice :D

I have dice with 4,6,8,10,12,and 20 sides :P but I'm a dorky gamer...lol

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."