Yellowtop Vs Redtop

Can someone who REALLY knows a lot about these batterys give a good comparison and what applications they better in (SPL, DD) If good enough iw ill stickify it

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

The redtop is more of a starting barrery... it has more cranking amps then your normal but its not really a good idea to have it for stereos because it is NOT a deep cycle battery which means you can't drain it down all the way without having charging issues with it (Optima will NOT warrenty the battery if you use it this way)

A yellowtop on the other hand is a deep cycle battery and you can drain it dead and it will still take a charge, the only down side to this battery is for starting purposes it has less cranking amps (which is important for colder areas but for warmer its not a big factor)

For acc use a deep cycle is the best way to go, so for stereos in your car.... go with a yellowtop :blink:

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

This is an older post from the site, but it has tons of good info in it along the same lines as your questions...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...p;p=entry

Edited by pstone11

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

The redtop is more of a starting barrery... it has more cranking amps then your normal but its not really a good idea to have it for stereos because it is NOT a deep cycle battery which means you can't drain it down all the way without having charging issues with it (Optima will NOT warrenty the battery if you use it this way)

A yellowtop on the other hand is a deep cycle battery and you can drain it dead and it will still take a charge, the only down side to this battery is for starting purposes it has less cranking amps (which is important for colder areas but for warmer its not a big factor)

For acc use a deep cycle is the best way to go, so for stereos in your car.... go with a yellowtop :blink:

I beg to differ. A redtop like you said has more cranking amps (which means its perfect for a stereo) AND can charge back up way faster than a yellowtop. A yellowtop is used if you want to draw more current than you can generate say playing your music with the car off, but takes an hour or 2 to charge back up. With a redtop, (when your car is on) your bass can be slammin for a good 30 sec. Then just do like meade and turn it down a bit to let the batts charge back up.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

I believe that Kicker guy hammered that one on the head! I would only like to note, The MaJOr plus side for the redtop, Its a shake proof design, totally sealed. SO if you say have a 4x4 this would be the best application, If you go to optima's website, they show a truck ontop of a redtop battery!! Totally sealed and shatterproof !

I run a yellow top, and as many times as i have ran that shit down to nothing i don think i would ever run a red top again. i wanted to run a red up front and yellow in back but i run a yellow up front and NSb in rear and am happy.

i was thinkin about gettin a yellow top. i think i need one. wen i slow my car down the subs shut off cuz its drawin so much power. thats only with the lights on tho.are all yellowtops same size and can fit in any vehicle

Gota have my rear view shakin and my seats vibratin'.

(2) 12" Diamond D3

(1) DEI Directed Audio 2400D

(1) Kicker L5 15"

(1) Rockford Fosgate P5002

(2) 12" Fosgate P2's

(2) 15" Fosgate P2

^^Not all hooked up at once, i rotate. Its all i got.^^