Close Call..... Yellowtop Failure!

So, the sausage sits on a powermaster charger 24-7 while it's parked - three PM D3100's in the back, and a Yellowtop up front.

Today, I walk out in the garage and the charger is unusually loud and good and warm (which is unusual because the batteries have been floating for about 4 days). Looked and saw that it was charging at 15 amps. So I got out under the hood and the yellowtop was PISSED... hissing, leaking from the split between the top and sides, really hot, not a good sight at all. I got it out of there as quick as I could, it's now sitting on the side of the house. I'm gonna go with serious battery internal failure on that one. The back 3 batteries were cool as cucumbers.

Hope my charger is not hurt....f**ck that battery.

Yikes.... Could have been pretty serious .

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

that sucks man....hmm and i was thinkin of gettin one of them yellow tops too. prob still will just for under the hood. good thing ya caught it though for sure.

Hate yellow tops. The JL of batteries, I think. Don't get enough for what you pay. Shoulda got a Kinetik or Powermaster, that shit wouldn't of happened. Are you sure the voltage regulator in you PM charger isn't bad. I know Kinetiks are know to blowup and expand like a balloon with prolonged 15-16volt charging. Possibly overcharged your yellow top with a bad PM charger. I would investigate the charger before risking those other PM batts.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

wow optima needs to stop making batterys 1lowsuv just told me the same problem happened to him. :censored: optima

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

wow optima needs to stop making batterys 1lowsuv just told me the same problem happened to him. :censored: optima

and me, except mine was in my trunk.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

just hissing and leaking or did it burst out... a pic would be nice :P

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Just hissing and leaking. It might have gone totally if I hadn't walked out when I did. :shok:

It was freaky pulling that sucker out - all the plastic was soft, terminals were bending the top When I was pulling the buss-bars off... man.

I have an extra one anyways.. Until I get around to picking up the proper Powermaster replacement.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

damn no optima for me then. shit i got kids and low funds and cant have that happen. good lookin out on that guys for real.