I Think I Messed Up...

So I ordered a recone kit today from Fi for my 15" Q... the problem is I want Scott to recone it.

I didn't see an option anywhere on the order form to select Fi to recone it... but in an e-mail I sent they said they recone for free if I send the sub in.

I replied back and it's been two weeks now and I have no clue what address to send the sub to, and am unable to get in contact with them to tell them to hold the recone kit for my sub...

Anyone? help?

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

So I ordered a recone kit today from Fi for my 15" Q... the problem is I want Scott to recone it.

I didn't see an option anywhere on the order form to select Fi to recone it... but in an e-mail I sent they said they recone for free if I send the sub in.

I replied back and it's been two weeks now and I have no clue what address to send the sub to, and am unable to get in contact with them to tell them to hold the recone kit for my sub...

Anyone? help?

save yourself the money of shipping it and recone it yourself.

its not hard at all.

plus it will give you some hands on experience with your sub.

I've been an installer for years... never tackled a recone. After some google-fu I found this: http://www.502streetscene.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106612

Is that all there is to it basically? if so... i am just going to do it myself.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

I've been an installer for years... never tackled a recone. After some google-fu I found this: http://www.502streetscene.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106612

Is that all there is to it basically? if so... i am just going to do it myself.

yes that is pretty much it. Most of the companies that sell recones now tho have the spider, former/coil, cone, and surround all glued together in one piece making recones super fast and easy.

All you mainly worry about is setting the recone in the gap and spacing it out proper, glue the spider down. glue the surround down. Remove the spacing shims from the gap, glue the dustcap down.

Do they really do it for free? I want to up my 08 model bl to the 09 so i can run two of them. Is all you have to do is pay shipping?

No

We do not do free recones. What we do free is labor for putting the recones in your motors. However you can not make a 2008 BL an 2009 BL as they are totally different motors...

Sorry.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

No

We do not do free recones. What we do free is labor for putting the recones in your motors. However you can not make a 2008 BL an 2009 BL as they are totally different motors...

Sorry.

lol i just emailed you too. Is there a trade in program ? Like 08 model to 09? I havent had any luck finding another 12" 08 model bl 12 dual 2