Second Skin Audio

Which Would Be Better.

a 15" type-r or a 15" ssd?

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

i can do 1000/2000@1ohm or 700/1400@2ohm.

what about an RE SE 15" v.s. a Fi audio SSD 15"?

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

The se and the ssd are a very similar woofer, but if it were me I'd go with the ssd. I just like the fi quality and performance better. Even though Scott started Re he's learned even more and makes a better product now that he's started fi. Also re's quality has gone down hill since US Amps bought the company out. I wouldn't do the se if I were you.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

aight thanks. ima go with an SSD prolly.

would 700/1400 be too much for daily hard bumpin?

24pm3xe.jpg

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

The se and the ssd are a very similar woofer, but if it were me I'd go with the ssd. I just like the fi quality and performance better. Even though Scott started Re he's learned even more and makes a better product now that he's started fi. Also re's quality has gone down hill since US Amps bought the company out. I wouldn't do the se if I were you.

your wrong

ssd is simular to an SX not an SE

also theres still nothing wrong with current line SE woofers, they are chinese made but thats where most of the parts are from every other compaqny as well.

SSD is a louder woofer, SE may or may not sound better but wont take the power a SSD will.

your wrong

ssd is simular to an SX not an SE

also theres still nothing wrong with current line SE woofers, they are chinese made but thats where most of the parts are from every other compaqny as well.

SSD is a louder woofer, SE may or may not sound better but wont take the power a SSD will.

Yes and no. The only real difference between the se and sx woofers is that the sx uses an 8 layer coil and the se uses a 4 layer coil. So in that case yes the sx and ssd are more like one another since they use 8 layer coils, but other than that the se is the exact same woofer. And by saying that the se and ssd are SIMILAR that is a correct statement. Had I said that they were the exact same woofer then yes I would be WRONG.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

SE and SX motors aren't the same...it's not just a different layer coil either...why would people pay more money for an SX if the SE was the same motor? :)..they'd just order the SE!

SSD and SE share nothing in common..

Parameter wise an SSD with an aluminum coil is fairly similar in parameters to an SX.

Thanks,

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."