Technical Problems After Upgrading Alternator?

Will upgrading your factory alt. to a higher output alt. cause any technical problems with your electrical system? i've heard rumors that it could cause you to start popping fuses to other devices or harm your ECM. Are there steps to take to prevent this? Thanks for any input...

I only tell people 1/3 of what im REALLY doin', just so they can HATE ONLY on that third...

2007 Tahoe

factory system for now :)

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

if you have the alternator set to run a higher voltage yes you'lkl start fucking shit up.

higher amperage but staying under 15v and you'll be fine

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

I've never had problems with an upgraded alt causing fuses to blow and the ECM will not be effected unless you bump your voltage over 18v.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

cool, im in the market for a 200a+ alt...i just wanna go about it the right way. I smoked my factory alt a few months back, i got it replaced but im gonna go ahead and upgrade before it happens again.

I only tell people 1/3 of what im REALLY doin', just so they can HATE ONLY on that third...

2007 Tahoe

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

No problem with car electrical when upgrade to H/0. I wouldn't wanna run over 15 volt because it might cause electrical issues. Make sure you know what's you doing.

Edited by Gotloud555

got a quote today from ohio generator...they got a direct bolt on and direct plug H/O alt for me in stock :) i just dont got the funds "in stock" (know what i'm sayin). it'll be in the mail next week when i get paid ;)

2007 Tahoe

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

try out DC Power before you purchase. They may be slightly higher, however in the event of a technical issue may arrise, you can always have rob a phone call away. Hell 24/7 really, the answering machine gives his personal cell phone number!!!!!DC POWER FTMFW

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

try out DC Power before you purchase. They may be slightly higher, however in the event of a technical issue may arrise, you can always have rob a phone call away. Hell 24/7 really, the answering machine gives his personal cell phone number!!!!!DC POWER FTMFW

i tried to look them up on the web, but had no luck with the web page...how can i go about getting a quote with them?

2007 Tahoe

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

They have not been around much and saying that he is just a call away is far from the truth lately. I am not saying do not buy from them but read their area. Even the admins have had a very difficult time getting ahold of them. Lets be completely honest here. no BS