newls1 Posted May 28, 2009 Report Posted May 28, 2009 This is going to sound like a n00b question, however im wondering if subs are going to "feel" a little "LESS STIFF" as they age? About 6 months ago when I got my BL's they were fairly tuff to push down when you put even pressure on the cone, I was in the back of my tahoe this morning to tighten up the speaker bolts, and just tried to push down on the cone again, it felt like they were just a little less stiff from when they were new. Is this normal? They sound fine, NEVER NEVER NEVER get hot and smelly. I also just got an OHM reading from them, and it read 1.4Ohm still (did this about 2 months ago and got the same ohm reading as-well) I have both my BL's wired into 1ohm, so I guess it reads 1.4 due to box rise or something. Anyways, just looking to see if someone can chime in here, and help me figure my questions out. Thanks I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
E-Train Posted May 28, 2009 Report Posted May 28, 2009 As you play subs the suspension is gonna wear out just like a coilover on a car after so much time and wear n tear its gonna wear out and not be suspensiony any more 1997 4 Runner Alpine CDA-9886 4 Fi Audio X Series 12's 1 Crunch GP3000D Pro DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)
DeepsplJeep Posted May 28, 2009 Report Posted May 28, 2009 you right 98 Jeep Wrangler 33x13.50 super swamper LTB's Memphis M3 15" Memphis MCD1000 Optima yellowtop D34/78 Bass Race 129.9 (LBZ Duramax in the future)
Nightshade Posted May 28, 2009 Report Posted May 28, 2009 The 1.4 ohms is not your box rise. Box rise has to be calculate by dividing the voltage by the current outputs of your amp. The reason that your sub load is reading 1.4 is because there is resistance in the lines of your dmm. Also not all coils that are considered a 1 ohm or 2 ohm coil acutally read 1 or 2 ohms. For example the Fi subs that are 1 ohm coils usually read around .7 ohms, and the 2 ohm coils actually read... 1.4 ohms. So the reason you are getting that reading is one of two things either the resistance in the dmm lines or the fact that Fi actually uses .7 ohm and 1.4 ohm coils. Your welcome /thread 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
98HOEONSIXEZ Posted May 28, 2009 Report Posted May 28, 2009 Yeah man they should loosen up,you might have to slam on em a little harder.I know my heavyweights that i got were so tight they WOULD NOT MOVE whatsoever when i first got them,I thought they were locked up.I mean i was pushing down on them and i weigh 195 and they wouldnt budge.But they have since loosened up a good bit due to me pushing them pretty hard LOLs
AI James Posted May 28, 2009 Report Posted May 28, 2009 i talked to you about this before and told you as you beat on them they would loosin up like a whore on prom night
fischy fisch Posted May 28, 2009 Report Posted May 28, 2009 ya digital design are like that can move them at all but they start to loosen up after a month but there eventual get loose lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.
newls1 Posted May 28, 2009 Author Report Posted May 28, 2009 i talked to you about this before and told you as you beat on them they would loosin up like a whore on prom night I dont remember asking this question ever...... But if I did ask you, thank you for answering it again Also, a whore on prom night is already loose, a virgin on the other hand will loosen up over time (well with in an hour or so) I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.