Sundown Audio

Amp Decisions

Scynte

Morning all,

Still fairly new to this whole scene, I was looking for recommendations on an amp to power a 12" lvl 3 (or 4 havn't decided yet)

Price isn't a HUGE issue, but it'll have to be shipping internationally... which will cost enough!

Anyways, pretty open to brand type, but from things I have read am a bit impartial to DAT's amp designs and Hifonics. (hifonics have been released in Aus so no need for shipping hopefully)

Thank in advance! :)

Diablo Audio Technologies are fantastic amps and in a completely different much higher league than Hifonics

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Have you looked at Sundown Audio? they have great products and excellent customer service (not that you would need it)

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

Diablo Audio Technologies are fantastic amps and in a completely different much higher league than Hifonics

no offense becasue i do agree with them being better then hifonics. becaue i know ALOT about the amps they have. but with no knowledge other then whats been posted how can you be o sure as to how much higher up then a hifonics it is?

My point is, that it seems like people recommend thing and dont have any basis behind it.

id recommend since you said price doesnt matter for you to tell us exactly how many subs your going to run so we can know the approximate RMS values on amps to tell you to look at.

i like the dat1000 and the 2500 but dont have much knowledge on the 8.1 inferno series.

Going to be running a single 12" lvl 3.

Partner says she still wants the boot, so will work with that!!

The DC site says the lvl 3's can take 600 rms, 1200 peak.

So I guess be looking for something around the 1k rms mark.

Going to be running a single 12" lvl 3.

Partner says she still wants the boot, so will work with that!!

The DC site says the lvl 3's can take 600 rms, 1200 peak.

So I guess be looking for something around the 1k rms mark.

Check out a Sundown Audio Saz-1000. There are a few reps overseas so shipping might not be as bad as you think.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Morning all,

Still fairly new to this whole scene, I was looking for recommendations on an amp to power a 12" lvl 3 (or 4 havn't decided yet)

Price isn't a HUGE issue, but it'll have to be shipping internationally... which will cost enough!

Anyways, pretty open to brand type, but from things I have read am a bit impartial to DAT's amp designs and Hifonics. (hifonics have been released in Aus so no need for shipping hopefully)

Thank in advance! :)

tbh with you, there are so many amp companies with similar designs that you might as well find the cheapest you can.

I am not a hifonics fan unless its the higher line stuff, so would probably stay away from them. Never ran DAT so couldn't comment on that either.

I will say I am very happy with American Bass amps tho. Better then I thought it would be.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

Archived