qu1cks1lver56 Posted June 2, 2009 Report Posted June 2, 2009 So i was playin my subs the other day, and someone wanted to see it so i opened up the hatch and on the lower notes i noticed i had some box flex on the baffle. my question is, which would be better, a piece of 1/2" allthread for bracing or double baffle? First Gen Xterra: Always changing DNX 690HD RF 360.3RF T3002RF T4004RF T10001bdSilver Flute 6.5"s Tang Band 1" TweetersSundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz Trust me .25 Blows your Load.
qu1cks1lver56 Posted June 2, 2009 Author Report Posted June 2, 2009 bout how much does allthread run pricewise? i know i can get a 2'x4' piece of 3/4" mdf for like 8 bucks at home depot. First Gen Xterra: Always changing DNX 690HD RF 360.3RF T3002RF T4004RF T10001bdSilver Flute 6.5"s Tang Band 1" TweetersSundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz Trust me .25 Blows your Load.
E-Train Posted June 2, 2009 Report Posted June 2, 2009 Go to home depot and get some 1" dowel rod and double baffle it and fiberglass the whole inside of the box 1997 4 Runner Alpine CDA-9886 4 Fi Audio X Series 12's 1 Crunch GP3000D Pro DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)
zfrerichs Posted June 2, 2009 Report Posted June 2, 2009 the good thing about all thread is you can take it off an use it again in a different box with dowels you can't Roseville, CA
Kicker Guy Posted June 2, 2009 Report Posted June 2, 2009 I would double baffle it first, as I am not a fan of internal bracing. Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1 Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood. Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2 Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz
zfrerichs Posted June 2, 2009 Report Posted June 2, 2009 I'll say it like this I've had a couple times where baffles have choked the subs but I don't know in your case so I'll recomend the threaded rod before double baffling but we did add overs two inchs double baffling Roseville, CA
99vic Posted June 2, 2009 Report Posted June 2, 2009 on my build i just did we used 1" dowel double baffle on top and back and glassed and matted the base of dowels zero flex REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS????? It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying.... It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up... /Rant I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!dont buy from knowledge he will scam you. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/
thorshammer Posted June 3, 2009 Report Posted June 3, 2009 To get rid of my box flex I just resined both inside and out.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.