Second Skin Audio

What 18" Subwoofer Would You Choose? Dc Vs. Dd

I have the level4XL 15's running a little over 4K to each and do really well with it, the level 5 is even better. I have played with both woofer, the level 5 will be louder and last longer (providing you dont do dumb things). In my opinion, the 4XL is comparable to the 9500, the level 5 is obviously better than that.

1997 Astro

front:6 sets of T3 componets

Subs: 8 level 5 18"s (building 6th order BP)

Amps: 4 really big ones (totalling just shy of 50K)

Batts:

Alt: Ohio Generator

1996 Chevy Suburban

Sub amp: A fifth really big amp

Subwoofer: 2-15" DC Level 4 XL

Batts: C&D high rate--(x4)

ive got the 3500 series and the only real experience i have so far with tem is ive hooked one up shortly in the jetta to see what it sounded like off 2k rms. was real awesome low end and was alot louder then i presumed. the 9500 imo should be great for the power your running. 5k is going to be alot for both woofers imo.

On the DC side ive seen alot of overpowering done to them with no issues whatsoever, so they may be alright for the 5k. the thing about the DC that become a concern imo is that your talking about 5k each on them and then slowed music. im not sure about your box designing skills but i can see the tinsils maybe having some issues (even the woven ones) but other then that i cant see any issue with the DC woofer taking it as well.

CS wise dealing with both, i havent had any issues with DD on my woofers yet, i sent 3 in and they were helpful getting everything together for me. But DC CS Rusty has always been good to me when i need product (ive never had to send anything back) and always been willing to go that extra bit after the sale to make sure what youve bought from him is serving you well.

in closing there really isnt a bad decision on this choice, its pretty much personal preference. as to which imo id go with DC for this application due to lower priceing to performance ratio then DD.

there really is no bad choice in this decision man. Id say run DC b/c of cs, and rusty is on this site so you can get a hold of him at your convenience, but other then that it really doesn't matter. imo

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

well i can add to what james has said about the dd's. i had a 2000 ford explorer with a pair of 3515's run off a single m3. it did a 149.2. i took the subs out and dropped in a pair of 9515's. same box, same power, same final ohm load. now i was doing a 151.2. the 9500's will take 5k all day long as long as you dont clip them. i have no experience with dc so i wont make any comments on them other then this.........i see guys putting ass loads of power on them and they take it like a champ. i've seen rusty answer questions quickly, so either way you go it will be loud and sound great assuming it's built right

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png