Erics Impala Wall Build -- BTL 18's - Saz-3500d -- DC Power 270sp Installed

a few more pics. nothing major done...

this will most likely be where the 3000d will go. i will be getting a single d3100 that im going to put behind the passenger seat where i will have 2 runs of +/- coming up under the seat going to the battery then the 3000d. there is about a half inch of clearance once the door is shut so its all good. ive been talkin to this dude i work with and he knows how to glass pretty good so i think im gonna have him help me glass the inside of the wall once i get the other side done. i also have some ideas for the port/top front piece. what im thinking about doing is making sort of a frame of 2x2's all the way around the top front opening then sealing the shit out of it with titebond and liquid nails and glass so that way i have a solid frame to mount the piece onto. the reason for doing this is to make the port more stable and also so that i can make a different top piece/port with a bigger port tuned to around 40 hz. that is only if i don't like the way it sounds so we will see, just an idea i had.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

dude thats just retarded bass ( i mean that in a good way hha) should be a very nice system. props on your work

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

ok im gonna admit im a total noob when it comes to port area. can anyone tell me how much port area i have. i used a rectangle port calculator then a few other people told me it was correct but i still have no idea how much port area i have lol. inside dimensions of the port are 22 wide x 6.25 high x 21 deep

port area is 143 sq inches. port volume is 1.74 cubic feet

You should SOOO glass the door opening in with that 3000d all flushed in the middle like WHAT? you wan sum dis??

The build is looking killer bro, keep those pics coming

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

ok im gonna admit im a total noob when it comes to port area. can anyone tell me how much port area i have. i used a rectangle port calculator then a few other people told me it was correct but i still have no idea how much port area i have lol. inside dimensions of the port are 22 wide x 6.25 high x 21 deep

port area is the easiest to figure.

22Wx6.5h

so 22x6.5=143

to figure out what your port is displacing in your enclosure

22wx6.5hx21d inside so add the wood

23.5wx8hx21d

23.5x8x21=3948 port displacement in cubic inches

3948/1728=2.284 port displacement in cubic feet(12x12x12=1728inches=cubic foot)

for port volume 22x6.5x21=3003 / 1728= 1.737 port volume

Tibs 99 F-150 Build 8 twelves

8 - Re SE 12"s

2 - SunDown Audio Saz-3000d's

1 - vx4004 planet audio amp

big 3 1/0 gauge

MECHMAN 250 amp alt

MySpace

Archived