Sealed Box Tricks

right i can understand doing something and getting no results but negative results? now ur making me scared. oh well thou ill see what happens. if anything it will look better and less trashy

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

^^^ huh whats illegal?

In DB Drag, vehicles are sealed up. No leaving the windows down in inch or any little tricks that may let preassure out and they put the mic on the dash.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

right... sorry i thought u meant putting something in the box was illegal or something

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Dude if you are going to run them firing forward like that DEFINITELY SEAL THEM OFF FROM THE TRUNK. When I had my monte carlo setup like that with two diamond audio d6 12"s and a viper 1200.1 it sounded amazing... I miss that setup more than anything :( So clean and no rattles.

Posted Image

*edit* that picture was from when there was CM3's in there.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

nothing super crazy yet we've just been throwing together ideas on how to get this done, have it be removable (like i said i eventually prefer it to be vinyled) and functional. were gonna see how that cardboard lip holds up when stretching the fabric across. This is defiantly not going to be easy

Starting the fabric/resin

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

as you can tell it worked. We were afraid the resin would eat up any adhesive we used on the fabric and just completely fall apart. before we left the shop it was gelling up pretty well without any issues so it should be fine/dry in the morning

Shit man that looks really good so far. Keep up the good work.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

sorry guys didn't take any extra build pics because i was trying to hurry up and get ready for the usaci comp deadline i wanted to meet. ended up being done in time but i got sick saturday so instead of installing everything saturday i didnt and spent all sunday asleep (missed both fathers day stuff and the comp)

oh well now on to amps and rear deck stuff. not sure if ill install the subs first or just leave em out and work on the rear deck with less clutter/trying to be careful. This is the best pic ever...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its getting vinlyed as we speak... hope it comes out good I'm sorta worried

Archived