Sundown Audio

I Need Help Setting Up My Saz-3500d

It's working good now , I went ahead and pulled the sub to make sure I wired it right and to move the wires away from each other (+ / - where they meet at the posts)

Upgraded the remote wire size , pretty sure thats what was wrong with the popping. Amp was cutting off and back on , had a loose remote wire connection at the HU. When I put the HU in I must have knocked it loose.

Thanks for the help.

I am getting 13.3-.4volts at the source reading off the amp and the power wire is reading 14.3-.4volts at the same time , engine on. Shouldn't the source be higher than that?

2000 Trans Am ws6 - 6spd / M9 / cam / full bolt-ons / semi full suspension / tune

1998 Integra - daily beater, [2] AB XFL-1244's / 4ft³@35Hz, 61in² / Saz-3500dv1 @.85Ω

I removed the remote wire from the HU going to the sub amp and went and bought a heavyduty switch and inline fuse and run it directly off the 2 new xs d3100 batteries I have infront of the box .

Now the remote voltage reading at the amp is 14.1-.2

Weird thing happening though , with the subsonic set and the lpf set I can be playing some jams and then all of a sudden it freaks out . The blue led showing power to the amp cuts off and back on , so quick if your not looking for it you will miss it . At this time the sub makes some electrical interferance noise and excursies outward and back in. Now that its wired directly off the switch I just turn it off and it quits. I can turn the amp back on and itll play just fine until it freaks out again.

So I turned the subsonic completely down and the lpf all the way up and it doesn't have any problems, bangs hard my damn front windsheild and roof is moving, mirrors about to fall off etc.

The voltage is dropping under full volume no lower than 13.2volts at idle and goes up to 13.9v when I slightly keep it reved so the batteries are doing there job.

Any ideas on this ?

The Hu is set just like I run my old 12 without problem for over a year and the sub still works like new. The Hu is set to 80Hz on the lpf .

I set the gain with a 40Hz tone at 3/4 volume at 56volts just until my o-scope gets here.

2000 Trans Am ws6 - 6spd / M9 / cam / full bolt-ons / semi full suspension / tune

1998 Integra - daily beater, [2] AB XFL-1244's / 4ft³@35Hz, 61in² / Saz-3500dv1 @.85Ω

Alright I simply removed the + / - from the new box and setup a stand behind the car and hooked up my Fi Q 12" .

Turned on the car and slowly turned the volume up , let it play for a little bit to warm up. Turned it down and then switched tracks and turned the volume up quicker, let it play for a bit. I went through the whole CD I had in the deck just letting it play. Everything is working like it should.

I remove the speaker + / - off the Fi 12" Q and rehook it up to the new Fi 18" BTL and the sub plays but freaks out .

How possible is it I receieved a bad sub?

maybe your subsonic is too high. Mine would make a pop sound when some bass notes.

images-4.jpgdjscrewbanner5sf.jpgimages.jpg

"IT SOUNDS SLOW MOTION AND STUTTERING"~~~~LOL

2 15" Fi BTLs

7.5 cf box @ 33hz

Sundown SAZ-3500D

Powermaster S3400 & D3100

Iraggi 300a alt

SecondSkin - totally dead

Knu wire

Subsonic is all the way down .

I played with it some more with the volume barely up after about a minute the amp now went into protection mode. Turn it off and back on the proctection light is off .

First time its done this so I am not playing with it no more.

Phase is just used to tell if the sub is inverted or not. If the sub isn't inverted, keep it off. First of all do you have it wired pos to pos to pos, and neg to neg to neg, because that would give you the 1 ohm load. Secondly, an Oscope costs a fortune, so run out to walmart, grab a volt meter and at least see what kind of voltage you are getting. it is possible that you are clipping to all hell from your head unit...Use this with you new voltmeter to set your gains...it sounds like your lpf and subsonic are fine. http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/stev...77/RMSchart.jpg

A MM will help show the kind of voltage he is getting but MM will NEVER show if you are getting a clipped signal or not. You could set your voltage exactly how it is calculated out but that does not mean it wont be clipping. Only way to tell is with an O-scope were you can actually see the signals.

Car Audio + Bodyboarding/Longboarding = LIFE!!!