What Size Fuse For Big 3?

for alternator ied go a lil over the amp rateing of the alternator, if its peak is 105 ied do 150, if its 150 ied do 200, just to be safe, any less than the amprage might harm the fuse tryin to push more current threw it, on my trucks big 3 in 0guage i got a 150amp fuse on alternator that doe s70amps, 250 to rear wire(was to a battery but i took it out when i took out my system), in my geo's big 3 in 4guage i got a 80amp fuse on the 75amp alternator, and i forgot the fuseing on the wire goin to the back but its 4guage also, and i have no probs yet so i guess it works fine

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I did a 100amp on my stock 80 amp alt when i did my first big three and when i do my 170 amp and i will probably do a 200amp fuse on that one

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

I did a 100amp on my stock 80 amp alt when i did my first big three and when i do my 170 amp and i will probably do a 200amp fuse on that one

Ok i plan on just getting a 150 amp anl for stocker. Then when i get my 275 amp dc alt in ill swap it with a 300 amp anl. Depending on whether or not my voltage stays up around 14.** ill get a mla module and run it at 15.3 im guessing with the sundown 2000d and a crunch 1400 4 channel that upgraded alt will run the system just fine. When i can ill get a few kinetics also a 1400 upfront and undecided for rear batts. I hope to see 3000 rms at 1 ohm out of the sundown :) when done. Is that too much to hope for?

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

you wanna fuse the wire as big as the amp rating is on the alt. my 200 alt amp has a 200 amp fuse

Ok sense i have a 105 amp alt use a 100 amp fuse? I dont think it matters but im running 2 200 amp anls for the amplifiers...

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Ok i plan on just getting a 150 amp anl for stocker. Then when i get my 275 amp dc alt in ill swap it with a 300 amp anl. Depending on whether or not my voltage stays up around 14.** ill get a mla module and run it at 15.3 im guessing with the sundown 2000d and a crunch 1400 4 channel that upgraded alt will run the system just fine. When i can ill get a few kinetics also a 1400 upfront and undecided for rear batts. I hope to see 3000 rms at 1 ohm out of the sundown :) when done. Is that too much to hope for?

out of that one amp don't know if thats entirely possible but i do know with the right charging system anything is possible as i'm pulling around 3200 rms on full draw with stock alt big three upgrade 2 optima yellow tops and a 750cca lead acid up front and can play the system full out for about 30min to an hour before i see a huge voltage drop then again i have no power options on the car at all don't know if that matters.

Edited by Jville140db

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

Ok sense i have a 105 amp alt use a 100 amp fuse? I dont think it matters but im running 2 200 amp anls for the amplifiers...

Just so you know my truck uses the same alt...and they are underrated greatly....when the are cold they can push up to 140amps.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

thats good to know about the alt putting out more then spec. I still want a ho alt though. I have plans of upgrading every year. 4 level 4 15's on 2 sundown 2000d's should be loud ehhh? lol. Hopefully it works out. For now just a 15 is better then none.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts