Sonic Electronix

Bass Causes Even More Damage To Teh Hoe

Do I ever know what your talking about here. I have several things that have broken in my car and I haven't even had it for a year. Here's my mini list:

1. broken overhead console

2. broken overhead light (no matter if I replace the fuse in it or not it automatically pops)

3. window switch for passenger side no longer works from the driver's side control, but still works from passenger side

4. also had a light flicker in and out on my instrument cluster when bass was playing and eventually shut off

5. the weld that holds the hatch wiper plate onto the hatch broke off, I had to use some self tapping screws to put it back

on the hatch door

6. broken air vent on the dash

7. quite a few cracked pannels, or broken clips holding them in from bass

8. trim piece on door broke out and is now held back in place with some dynamat

That's all that I can think of off the top of my head. Hopefully the list ends there, but I have a feeling it won't. I did take a pic of the overhead light and console thing. It just did it again the other day and is still unfixed in my car right now. Enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can see where I used JB weld to hold the plastic back in place where it snapped off. I'm going to use epoxy to put it back this time and also going to use epoxy to hold the light back in place.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

No pix but in the Benz I have broken.....

Cover on the roof mounted switches

Rear lighting mount

Rear view mirror

Rear sunshade mechanism

Entire parking assist system (apparently it works off radio frequency and that does not like bass, who knew)

I just stopped fixing shit

Starting From Scratch!!

no pix, sorry but just an update on the many things bass has broken or destroyed in my ride....

the Escalade cluster ive had since 04 has bit the dust (or tried to). For 2 weeks the SLIGHTEST amount of bass would have my needles going limp-dick and back on again.......then some off, while half on........then all off then all back on etc. Not to mention, even with my stinger at 15.3, my volt-meter on the cluster was consistantly hanging out in the 11.5-12v range...........major shitty in a Tahoe to see that with the car running let alone a car with 4 alts.

anyway, i found out the plug in the back of it (main plug) with like 27-30 solder points was the problem.......broke every one of them.......thats right, almost 30 "cold" solder joints all cracked at the base where that big ass plug dives into the circuit board. I was actually relieved it wasnt my PCU, ECU or any other C-U in my ride cus i was worried the issue was deeper then that.

Cleaned up, resoldered and reinstalled...........now im BRANNNNNEWWWW again!! no more limp-dick, and my volt meter is way over 14 now!!

fu#king bass, i tell ya, what dont kill my truck i hope makes it stronger!! :D i got a huge list of what my subs have managed to shred over the last 5 years :D

The price$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ people pay to be LOUD :lol:

H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DAC
Front stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweets
amp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2
amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.2
8 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'z
box is a 4th order band pass
batts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back
2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.
MLA module 15+volts
All in a 97 2door Tahoe LT

2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ

Team Bass Hz

I'm not loud enough to break anything :(

Glad to hear your back up'in running Steve- Sucks to have ghost problems messing with ya

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew