Building A Badass Pc, Ideas Please

Hey newsl1, those HHD's look very interesting. The Western Digital one you linked to is a 2TB, and it said they might go for $300......

So then I remembered that I saw them on the OCZ site. I went and got the model numbers for their 1TB unit, then checked the price on Amazon...... $2600 !!! WTF !!!! Why such a rediculously huge discrepancy in price ? I mean, the OCZ one was prettier and all..... But not $2300 prettier !

Fish

OCZ doesnt make any "SPIN MOTOR" type HDD, only SSD's, so not sure what you saw on their website, but for 2xxx$ bones, that was more then likely a PCIe 4x Slot card with a few SSD's build in to equal 1TB of space. Those are the future my friend, once they get perfected, and the prices come down, that is where its at for speed. www.xtremesystems.org is totally hosted on a SSD type like that, and the speed of that site for searching, etc.... Is VERY FAST! and very reliable. Fish, The drive you have coming will be fine for you, so STOP SEARCHING LOL! When you get more acustomed to PC hardware, and installs, then upgrade to a SSD for you 2nd drive, and install ALL YOUR SOFTWARE TO IT! Damn that would be fast.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

still waiting on these A-holes to process my order...newegg called me today (great customer service, as everyone probably knows already) and theyre gonna ship everything for free when the damn preferred account finally fixes my account so itll let me complete my order......im still sitting here with my case, psu, and hard drives..........the damn i7 will be out dated by the time i get to order it!!!!!! lol

good thing i have 4 other computers lol

damn you still havent placed this order yet! hopefully you get to order it soon/

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

ive placed it 8 times. they keep getting put on hold becuase the dumb ass's that handle the newegg preferred account cant get their shit straight and fix my account. it says i have the available balance, yet its declining it.

it all happened becuase i ordered the mobo, vid card, etc and i saw a different card i wanted. well this was 1am when i placed the order, so i cancelled it and replaced it with the other part. ever since i replaced the order, its being put on hold. they said well the first one u cancelled had posted to ur account, gotta wait 10 days for it to clear. i waited over 10 days, says i have the available balance on my account of 1,100 and some change, yet its STILL not processing the order......i dont wanna drop 1000 on the rest of the parts out of my pocket, id rather take advantage of the no interest for 12 months and pay it that way so its easier to pay off.

but yea its majorly pissing me off!!!!!!

OMG it finally processed my order!!!! YES!!!!!!! After a month, they finally fixed my shit lol

So what's on the way to complete my build is:

Evga e758 board

i7 920

6gb corsair ddr3 1600mhz ram

Evga gtx 275 superclocked edition 896mb

And what I already have:

Corsair 1000w psu

6 1tb wester digital drives

Antec 1200 case

Woot!

awesome. your gonna love that pc, the i7 rocks.

i wish i had 6 tb!

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

dell just replaced my cousins xps 700 that kept breaking, with a brand new (not refurb) xps 730x with the i7 965 extreme!!!!! his old pc only had a 2.13 core 2!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn your cousin is lucky. that is one hell of a cpu

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

got my mobo yesterday, the card, cpu, ram etc should be here later. im going to put the mobo in now

question tho....on my antec 1200 case, i ordered 1 more 120mm fan for the side panel. should i put this blowing air out or in? i have the 3 120s on the front, 2 120s on the back, and a 200mm on the top. im not to sure which way they blow air, but im sure its the front 3 taking in air, the 2 rears and top fan blowing air out... so should the side one be taking air in?

Archived