Building A Badass Pc, Ideas Please

i know i could have got a cheaper PSU but i just went with the 1k so in the future i have play room to upgrade. and its modular so thats a plus.

as far as the CPU's go, if i wait for the i5 to come out and even if the i7 does drop in price, if i wait that long, ill end up wanting to "spend a little more" and get something better than the i7 (which may be out by the time the i7 prices drop) so im just gonna say F it, order the i7 and everything now, and this PC will be good for years. ill prally get into a little gaming as well, i never really cared about it but never really got into it much so i dont know whats out there.

anyways, the case, hdds, and psu should be here soon, ill post pics of that when they get here

Once you start gaming on a PC, thats it..........your hooked! I completely agree with you on your PSU purchase, ALWAYS better to have more then what you need, then less. G/L to ya, and post pix of it once its built will ya.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

You will never regret getting a huge PSU. I only buy one every few years and always get one of the largest available, usually lasts me a few rigs.

I hate Creative sound cards with a passion, the drivers are woeful. Audigy 2ZS was the biggest piece of shit ever. Get an Asus Xonar and don't look back.

This is what I did to my Audigy after it caused the millionth BSOD on the 7th computer it had been in. Sent the pics to Creative Tech support with a very polite email informing them where they could shove their product.

Stupid Audigy2ZS

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

i wanna see pics of those bad mama jammas when they come. ive got some stuff coming from newegg today too.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

what kind of raid should i set them up in? i want fault tolerance but at the same time i dont want to waste (not really wasting but you get the point) 3tb of storage for a mirror. whats the best thing to do with 6 drives? maybe raid 5 on 4 of them and the other 2 setup normal (no raid)?

currently i have only about 500gb of movies, music and programs (mostly music) but i havent been downloading alot lately, but i will once i have these drives set up.

Why dont you just use 4 for a 1/0 raid, 2 for raid 0. That would be the best of all worlds......wouldn't it? Redundancy, and speed for one gang of drives, and pure speed for the other 2......This is what I would do.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Archived