What Yall Think About This Trade?

I have 3 Kinetik HC2000's

My old boss at the shop has 2 Turbo start S16v batteries with the charger.

Batts are floating at 15.71 apiece, and the charger is fully functional.

I don't need the HC2000's anymore, but I'm about to start buying for my 16v system.

What you guys think, straight trade no cash.

Edited by Mrbubbles00482

Not too long ago you could pick up those turbo start 16volt batts for like $75 brand new. Depending on what you paid for the Kinetik's it's a bad trade imo.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

if they load test fine, then it's up to you, you should find out what those batts are going for, i know your kinetiks are pretty expensive, so id go off price, i know you want 16 volt batts, but it may not be worth it, and also find the price of the charger as well

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

if they load test fine, then it's up to you, you should find out what those batts are going for, i know your kinetiks are pretty expensive, so id go off price, i know you want 16 volt batts, but it may not be worth it, and also find the price of the charger as well

16 volt batts should rest at 17.2 volts. If those have been sitting at 15.7 volts for long, they are probably pretty sulfated and might not have much life left.

Not too long ago you could pick up those turbo start 16volt batts for like $75 brand new. Depending on what you paid for the Kinetik's it's a bad trade imo.

Cheapest I can find them is 219 from axion power.

Those Kinetiks go for about 150 a piece I think.

My boss can get the HC2000's at dealer cost for 210. So he won't take but about 170 or 180 for my batts because they are used and not under warrenty anymore (i think, gotta check on that)

I bought my Kinetiks for 250, they turbo starts for for 220, and the charger for 299.

16 volt batts should rest at 17.2 volts. If those have been sitting at 15.7 volts for long, they are probably pretty sulfated and might not have much life left.

Ya..Like I said they have never been hooked up to an 18v+ alt to charge, just the charger. He ordered them for a guy, and when they got here the guy figured out he had to have a bigger alt and then didn't want the batteries.

Ways to check for this? Load test? (don't know how to go about doing that)

15.7v float = 1.9625v/cell

Would you buy a 12v battery that was floating at 11.775?

DEFINITELY load test them. Dunno if your local autoparts store will be able to help you here, they mightn't like the 16v-ness. Also the charger is obviously not doing its job if they're floating that low.

Try and get a charge on them, then hook an amp up to one and play a tone (you'll need a woofer connected to get an accurate result) while watching the voltage at the inputs.

They may need a charge at 20v+ to kinda kick-start them.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!