manny10473 Posted June 25, 2009 Report Posted June 25, 2009 hey i lookd around a little on here.. but cant find an answer to satisfy what i am looking for.. i have read that this is a decent mid... but will it do good if it is connected to a crossover.. or is it made to be running straight from an amp..
sweet&low Posted June 25, 2009 Report Posted June 25, 2009 Personally I have been using them for a while and they dont have great mid bass in my opinion there just really loud.
Boon Posted June 26, 2009 Report Posted June 26, 2009 Are they 8 ohm drivers? Your crossover points will be all messed up if they are. 10.x volts fo' life!
sweet&low Posted June 26, 2009 Report Posted June 26, 2009 I believe they all are the ones I have are
manny10473 Posted June 26, 2009 Author Report Posted June 26, 2009 so if i was to get them it would it be ok to run them from an amp..
kingsuv Posted June 26, 2009 Report Posted June 26, 2009 I run both the 6W4P and the 8W4P in my 250. The 6's are nice for a good midrange, the 8's have a killer kick to them Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
loganberry Posted June 26, 2009 Report Posted June 26, 2009 i have 4 of these with 2 1 inch tweets on custom crossovers they get very loud but sound great to me with no lack of midbass My F-150 Build GET ON THE BANDWAGON what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder hahah jk
ptcary Posted June 26, 2009 Report Posted June 26, 2009 so if i was to get them it would it be ok to run them from an amp.. Yes, they can be run off of an amplifier. Yes, a crossover is recommended....parts express has some inexpensive ones or you can make one yourself. and yes they are 8 ohm. I run em for rear fill, and they get loud! I bought em after reading KingSuvs posts. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
kingsuv Posted June 26, 2009 Report Posted June 26, 2009 I was at an IASCA event 2 weeks ago and the judges loved how they kicked. Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.