Car Audio + Wholsale + Internet = Bad

I like to support local shops as well but some just piss me the fuck off. My cousin bought 2 Soundstream T5s off of me and wanted a dvd player. He browsed a local car audio shop just to check prices and they quoted him $650 for a Dual single din. He said and I quote "This deck is top of the line when it comes to dvd decks. And if you buy it now I can give it to you for 600 if you dont say anything". Give me a fucking break 650 for a Dual single din deck? Get the fuck outta here. He also went to browse at amp prices. After looking around for a bit the guy asked him what subs hes going to run so he told him Soundstream T5s. He says and I also quote "You should buy these Kicker Cvrs instead. They will put that no name garbage to shame". So my cousin ask why they dont carry Soundstream and he says "Becuase we dont carry shitty overprices products". Fuck supporting there fucking ass. Trying to rip the a not so intelligent customer off and picking his pocket for all his money.

Car Audio + Bodyboarding/Longboarding = LIFE!!!

So, decided to stop at a local shop and check some pricing this afternoon. Checked price on a PCX2000D...for $799! No way! I can buy the exact same amp on ebay (with a 1 year warranty) FOR $329.

Now, I understand how retail works, I have done it for a long time. I asked the guys at the shop about being able to maybe work out a deal on the pricing with me if I were to purchase subs and amps through them...they would be willing to give me a $25 break! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

The woofers might suck all the air out your lungs

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

thats too bad they are being like that.......i wish more shops would start to work you guys.

I have one audio shop around me.... all they want to sell me is JL audio which I want none of or boston acoustics which I want none of....so online or at my brother's work is where I get my all my stuff.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

heres my view on this. ive been buying car audio stuff online for ... i dont know, but since i was 12, and im 16, so thats 4 years. EVERYTHING that blew, was my fault, even my $20 hifonics HFis, i beat the SHIT out of those for fun and i havent blown one, on double RMS off of my home stereo.

there is some GOOD DAMN DEALS on here, and i am proud to say i trust sonic more than anyone. when i got 4 12" p2s for my friend from sonic they came factory sealed, with no refubished markings, or tool markings on them, so asfar as i know, they were new, year old models.

THE GOOD PART about a site like sonic is, if you blow something and cant get it replaced, you can but a new one and most likely still be under the

original MSRP of it, take the infinity or rockford 6.5 coaxials for instance.

the common teen, like me, dosent have cash and has a real time getting a job, and believe me, if i had the money i would order direct, but people just cant afford too, yet, in some cases, they cant afford NOT to, know what i mean??

problem with my local shops is they all sell SHIT, like "800 watt bynines" and such, and only dual decks and shit. im not talking about places like best buy and whatnot, im talking about the straight audio shop. anyone in missouri might know of SoundPerformance, which is in my mind the only respectable retail shop ive seen, and yeah, they carry some dual shit, but they also carry re, mtx, orion, rockford, JBL, all that stuff, and do REALLLLLY good installs!!! they do it all tho, rim jobs( yeah ;) ), marine audio, even did a few lambos and ferraris, couple yachts, a sh!t load of cars, and they host events, that show ALL shops SHOULD be, but they arent, and thats why a local shop (audiofonix) closed, selling dual and legacy shit.

if you buy shit, you sell shit, and you use shit, its not respectable, so dont even try.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

I agree with most people on this topic, but you really have to know what to buy and what to stay away from. I stopped buying from local shops for the prices and the way i would be treated. Ive been doing car audio for longer than most of the shops in my area have been open. So buy smart whatever you buy. Do some research, dont be affraid to ask anybody questions. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

I can't completely agree. Yeah, online pricing is hard to beat and without a doubt is probably shutting down some good audio shops. But there are two professional audio shops near me. Both are ran by idiots. One has absolutley no prices on anything. I know more about the stuff they sell than they do, and so I want to compare the products myself without talking to the sales dipshits. And when I do, they always insist on pushing the product I DON"T WANT! Which is usually something JL, a product I hate with a passion. I NEVER go to the shops anymore unless I'm desparate for like two feet of 1/0 or something. I wouldn't feel bad if BOTH the shops near me closed down. They brag about their ability to order from any company thats not displayed in store. Ok, thats cool, can you get me an audiocontrol epicenter for me? Sure, fill out this order form bullshit. Ok no big deal, it'll be here in two weeks. It was less than $300 so no deposit was needed. They called me, said it was in, I came in and they handed me a fucking Power Acoustik Crossover. WTF!!! Sorry, I keep giving them chances by going there but I NEVER seem to buy anything. I always leave pissed and then go to best buy. Sorry, no love for my local audio shops, and they're higher prices aren't the problem. I hope they close, they deserve it. You think they would take their own business a little more seriously. Maybe try and learn something about what they are selling. Ebay is my dear friend until these dumbasses wise up. The guys running the pawn shops know more about car audio than the guys selling brand new stuff. That is wrong. I only buy dealer direct, ebay, or from private sellers and I'm always happy. There will always be idiots who abuse products and won't hold their own blame, but audio companies have some pretty good warranty policies that deter people from fucking them over. I think they could be even stricter myself, no reason RF should have to pay for idiot A's mistake. Could be worse, hwy836 could be running your local audio shop and piss you off every time you go there.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

I have one audio shop around me.... all they want to sell me is JL audio which I want none of or boston acoustics which I want none of....so online or at my brother's work is where I get my all my stuff.

Exactly what they did to my dad. My dad goes and wants all alpine. He leaves with Boston Acoustics because they bugged him and convinced him these were the best speakers/subs they had. Not only were they overpriced, but unreliable. Started going out right away.

Archived