keeping up with 150 db

grizzleyadams69

lol my setup does pretty nice. single 3 way no rears, and i have alot more power to give them and get it louder but i like them to sound good too. Speaker quality means alot more then quantity sometimes

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

As someone that does 150's (can bassrace a 150.8 on Lil Jon) on music I feel that I am qualified to answer this question for you. In my particular setup I have a SINGLE set of Kicker RS65.2 components mounted as a coaxial type setup in the factory space which is high up in my doors. I have them running of 2 channels of a 4 channel Cerwin Vega EXL400.4 which is a very nice amp. It's a rebadged recased Arc Audio amp that I got for a steal on closeout from a going out of business net company.

Anyway with this single set of comps in my doors, and in set I mean a single tweet and mid per door crossed over passively, they keep up fairly well with the bass. However, they are drowned out by some songs with excessively long or loud bass notes. I am fixing that problem now by building a pillar pods as we speak. I am doing a pair of Fusion Powerplant 4" comps in them until I can get a better comp set down the line. They will work for now and I have 2 extra channels on the amp that I'm not using that are begging for action. I'll let you know how that works out when I get them finished some time this week. Hell I may even post up some pictures for all to look at. I reccomend not doing ANYTHING in the rear doors at all. It is a waste of a comp set and you need to keep everything in front of you.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

i got 3 sets per door/wall and they match up with bass perfectly and im bassracing a 152

(see sig for gear)

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

1st i doubt you'll hit low 150's anyways because how the hell could you not know anything about highs & mids but you can tell us your gona hit 150's and you dont even own a car or system lmao! 2nd you just sound like an idiot so before you call me an ass your the ass for making such a dumb thread because you dont know shit and you dont even own a system lmao :bsflag: keep dreaming!

lol i have 2 bl's so i guess i do have something dont i? lol u make it sound like its sooooo hard to achieve a 150 with 2 18s and 3k watts going to each sub. dont make it sound like i ts harder than what it reall is. if your gonna hate take your shit somewhere else faggot. ive always been into bass much more than treble so ive never really lookd into mids and highs. and maybe im only 18 and im not a richer mother fucker so i actually have to save my money for systems that cost thousands of dollars. suck a dick bitch and stay the fuck away from my threads. mids and highs have nothing to do with lows dipshit.

lol i have 2 bl's so i guess i do have something dont i? lol u make it sound like its sooooo hard to achieve a 150 with 2 18s and 3k watts going to each sub. dont make it sound like i ts harder than what it reall is. if your gonna hate take your shit somewhere else faggot. ive always been into bass much more than treble so ive never really lookd into mids and highs. and maybe im only 18 and im not a richer mother fucker so i actually have to save my money for systems that cost thousands of dollars. suck a dick bitch and stay the fuck away from my threads. mids and highs have nothing to do with lows dipshit.

Easy grizzley...dont want to get an assigned vacation from the forum. I know you dont have to explain anything to me, I understand your reply.

150 might not be Toooo tough, but still nothing to sneeze at.

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

Easy grizzley...dont want to get an assigned vacation from the forum. I know you dont have to explain anything to me, I understand your reply.

150 might not be Toooo tough, but still nothing to sneeze at.

yeah i know. its not even like i said itd be 150 either. i said in the area of 150. im pretty sure i could bust a high 140 with a couple btl's. its rediculous how hostile some assholes can get for no reason. laugh at me cuz im broke right now so i cant afford an insane system and my lisense is suspended so i cant drive? jeeze...

yeah i know. its not even like i said itd be 150 either. i said in the area of 150. im pretty sure i could bust a high 140 with a couple btl's. its rediculous how hostile some assholes can get for no reason. laugh at me cuz im broke right now so i cant afford an insane system and my lisense is suspended so i cant drive? jeeze...

yeah,,i have learned to just ignore those comments...some people can be kind of rude even when they dont mean to.

with 2 btl's and the right box you should be able to hit the hi 40's.

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

1st i doubt you'll hit low 150's anyways because how the hell could you not know anything about highs & mids but you can tell us your gona hit 150's and you dont even own a car or system lmao! 2nd you just sound like an idiot so before you call me an ass your the ass for making such a dumb thread because you dont know shit and you dont even own a system lmao :bsflag: keep dreaming!

and for the record i do have a car. fucker

Archived