Mechman Alternators

Um... so i think i broke something

But i noticed my radio had reset itself like it does when i disconnect the battery. but i didnt. i only disconnected the alt.

when your wrench hit the pos on the alt the short probably made the voltage drop low enough to reset the hu.

"Audio is not a hobby it's a lifestyle"

_____________________________Refs_1_Refs_2_____________________________

th_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifth_RF_140x100_powersubs.jpg

I did alot of demoing today. and when i get it up to full tilt they squealin goes crazy. then i was drivin home on the highway, just about full tilt. i look and my dash and notice teh speedo lights are dim, look at my voltage. its like 12.3 turn the music down, squealin like crazy. so i turn the music off and it doesnt stop squealin. finally i hear a kinda thump and no more squeal. but my lights are still dim. my voltage is down under 12volts. so im thinkin shit i think my belt fell off. i get home, look under the hood and no belt. i think im gonna go to oriellys and get on of the gates belts tomorrow. and charge my batts too. side note about my demos. ppl hear me from far way :-)

Whoops. Thats gotta suck losing a brand new belt.

yea. but its just more money i gotta spend now.. hah

the worst part about it is puttin it on. the nut to tighten for tension is in a tight spot, and i always end up with a scratched up arm.

i miss the bass already though.

Just in case the oreillys guys give you trouble this is how you shop for a smaller gates belt

This is the stock part # for alt+ac belt

K060439

K06 stands for 6 rib belt

the 439 stand for 43.9 inch belt

Team Sundown

Team XS Power

System:

Car: 1997 Honda Accord

Head unit: Alpine CDE-7870

Amp: 2 Sundown saz-1500

Battery: kinetik 1400 and 2400

Subs: 2 Audioque HD310 D2

Just so you know when you work on a car, disconnect the ground on the battery first.....

If you want, we can "de-tune" that alternator some so that it doesn't slip the belt so bad.

Unfortunately, your vehicle has a pretty bogus belt setup from the factory, it just can't grip a really strong alternator.

Also, if you keep your batteries on a good charger overnight, it will make the alternator's job easier during the day, just FYI.

If you want, we can "de-tune" that alternator some so that it doesn't slip the belt so bad.

Unfortunately, your vehicle has a pretty bogus belt setup from the factory, it just can't grip a really strong alternator.

Also, if you keep your batteries on a good charger overnight, it will make the alternator's job easier during the day, just FYI.

I was just about to email you about this stuff. Wat exactly does de-tune do?

also more troubles today. I go shoppin for the gates belt. first i get a 5 rib instead of 6 then i get a six rib thats not green strip. but it was too small. then i get a longer green stripe and got it to fit. i turn the car on. still squealin and stayin at 13 volts. so i turn of the car and tighten it up some more. start up the car. a slight squeak. then its still at 13 volts. i can hear it starting to spin faster and faster and my voltage is goin up and up. and stops at 14.5. my brother and a girl holdin the light are standin there watchin. im thinkin yes.. its fixed. i turn the car off and all the sudden smoke starts comin out of the alt.?? so i wait turn it back on wait a little bit. it looks like there is smoke in the air, but its hard to see. i also got a temp gun and the inside was about 350F?? i turned the car back off and again smoke starts coming out. I can smell somethin, but it doenst smell like an electrical fire.

any idea wats up now?? is it somethin as easy as teh belt being too tight? Also i had the batteries on a charger before i turned the car on. i didnt check the voltage before i turned the car on, but aftewards when i checked the were at 13.3v