Had my excessive amperage alternator tested.

Man after seeing these threads about dom and EA... it makes me soo happy that numerous years ago when they were both doing big group buys back on CA.com I didn't participate.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

2400rpm should be alternator RPM, but here's what a lot of people fail to realize, the pulley on your crank is way larger than your alt pulley, that means the alt is actually turning about 2-3x faster than your engine RPM.

people seem to think that alt and engine are going the same speed.

I do own an Excessive Amperage alternator and didn't have that much of electrical problem. THe only thing i like about Excessive Amperage was his customer service. I never had chance to bench test mine. I also heard that mechman alternator don't put out what it say. I could be wrong but i did like to experience different H/0 alternator.

I also heard that mechman alternator don't put out what it say.

Mine & my brother's three 300a MechMan alts put out every bit of what they say. You will get a dyno sheet with your alt showing what it actually does at any given rpm. I'm not the trusting type so I clamped mine myself. MechMan alts are not over-rated and will put out the power they say it will.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg