Running Power Wire Under The Car

Just one thing..I don't know if anyone has mentioned..Make sure wherever the wire goes through metal, Like in the spare tire well or in the cab, make sure you Drill a hole and install a Rubber Grommett to run the wire through..Chaffing means a short if it touchs Metal...

VERY true! nice call!

So if I run a 1/0 Gauge power wire, you recommend it would be easier to install running under the car and through spare tire well..?

That was my second thought of what to do if i cant get it through the firewall.. i dont want to take chances of drilling into something cuz my car was HORRIBLY built, just everything so tightly packed into it..

06 SCION tC

Yea, I normally run mine under the car. It avoids having to pull up the carpet and pull seats and everything, because 1/0 sure as hell wont fit under the sills. I ran mine along the frame rails and up underneath the backseats. Works fine.

fit under my sills;)

and look how meade did his in the civic rebuild. thatll tell you everything you need to know.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

ive got two 4 gauge and a 8 gauge under my left sill!

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

why would you have to do that to drill a hole in your firewall?

You are right. I was referring to the idea of drilling a hole up through the truck to bring it in from running under my truck. Apparently, that shouldn't be necessary.

What type of bit do I need?

Archived