Sonic Electronix

HDMI Input on a car audio amp

Well the PC has HDMI and optical out. I wont be using a headunit, just the PC. So I was trying to go from HDMI ->LCD/Amps and hopefully something that plays Blue Ray. Nvidia just came out with the ION system, Mini ITX is out for it now, with a PICO ITX form factor in a few months, which will be a little bigger than a 2.5 inch laptop hard drive, and it will do HD video, DX10 and Windows 7 64 bit Aero.

Damn Ray, Audison has some sweet digital stuff for cars I guess

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff296/L...ay/IMG_0159.jpg

that is pure sex.

Best amp ever made. Hands down

class a sex

the new thesis th amps are super nice also

heavy a biased or a/b or class b

very neat stuff

and digital is sweet

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Pointless. HDMI isn't practical and that bandwidth is not necessary. I like the idea of optical and cat 5/6 to make amps digital. Just run analog off the ion or what ever mobo ur using...

777319156.png

ok, so the LAST thing I expected was to come in here and have people talk to me about "practical". 30,000 watts in a car isnt practical, but we do it cause it gets attention and it looks awesome. I want HDMI on my amp cause I havent seen it before. Thats it. Cable will fall out? I'm sure I can figure out a way to make it stay in. No HDMI on head units? No problem, I'm not using a head unit. Optical would work, but how is that better then HDMI?

you can get quality cables from monoprice for cheap

+1 for monoprice

All of my hdmi, interconnects and digital cables for my home theater are from monoprice and all are quality items that have been doing what they do for over 4yrs now with no issues.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

dont know if its practical...because not only would you have to have the HDMI input on the amp, also on the head unit...and those HDMI cables arent cheap...50 bucks for 6 feet of good cable...imagine what a 20 footer would cost

dude you can get the best HDMI cable around for like 7 dollars for 6 feet lol

Archived