Second Skin Audio

2 options

Which sub  

51 members have voted

1. 1. which would you choose

• soundstream XXX 18
    • DD 9518

well the level 5 subs you have now will handle more power than the DD 95. The SS woofer wasnt meant for sound quality, it has a very stiff suspension which raises the Fs of the woofer considerably which makes it less suitable for "good" sounding bass.

Both subs will get stupid loud. The SS woofer will handle more power, the DD will sound better. I iwould keep what you have and maybe do a rebuild, no need to spend money if it wont be a real upgrade

1997 Astro

front:6 sets of T3 componets

Subs: 8 level 5 18"s (building 6th order BP)

Amps: 4 really big ones (totalling just shy of 50K)

Batts:

Alt: Ohio Generator

1996 Chevy Suburban

Sub amp: A fifth really big amp

Subwoofer: 2-15" DC Level 4 XL

Batts: C&D high rate--(x4)

I think the ss wld be an upgrade over the dc's just because of power handling. Just my .02

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

from what im told both these woofers are a good bit better than the level 5's, and im not saying NO to dc, thats all ive ever ran, im saying there is some pricing issues and im not willing to spend more money i dont have on something i had before, im thinking that is the fs is going to be raised due to soft suspension wouldnt that be better for a 38hz tuned wall?

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Change your box before you get new subs.

All three of these subs are neglectable in LOUDNESS ability difference.

It's all in your box, and supplying clean, insame amounts of power.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

dd ftw the only thing ill add is its kinda un fair when the dd is 1500/6000 rms/max and the soundstream is like15rms or something like that you could go for the dd z series :spiteful:

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

ive yet to see anyone run rms or more on the orion hcca's, i kno u dnt want 15's but that stetsom should do em fine

and what about re mt's? u lookin for 14k daily i can see, so i unno bout those handleing 7k daily, not sayin they wont but u kno

haha, 10,000 rms on the sound streams ftw lol

http://www.woofersetc.com/p7740/XXX18--Sou...X-Subwoofer.htm and they look sick as hell

Posted Image

but i just wondered something about how a sub acually works, i mean what's the diff in a 1000w sub moveing the same as a 10,000w sub affect loudness? ive never figured it out really, i thought loudness had to do with excursion n how well they disapate heat, ive just always wondered how all this affected one another

and is that the new xxx? the ones pete used had a higher roll surround, and why not get this to power 2 of the xxx's?

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Archived