J00bles Posted July 26, 2009 Report Posted July 26, 2009 im looking forward to seeing these pictures you mentioned! over all, im very impressed with everything done. you created a piece of art AND one of the most bad ass ground pounders yet! 8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee Click to see J00bles' Youtube Channel
Red-navi-916 Posted July 26, 2009 Report Posted July 26, 2009 bro this build is bearrriful just wow sotm hands down keep up the good work BUILDLOG http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862 "98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!! Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.
Fish Chris Posted July 27, 2009 Report Posted July 27, 2009 This build is just unbelievable ! The shear volume of equipment is amazing ! The artwork is just beautiful, and evident throughout. I'm curious about two things though (with a build like this, I'm sure it's been addressed, but if its been answered in this thread, I must have missed it) About how much does this stereo system alone, weigh ? And what is being done for the suspension ? The other thing I'm curious about is, what is being done to keep all of those amps cool ? Obviously their is going to be a ton of juice flowing through those, in very confined quarters (lots of heat that needs to be disipated). Fans ? Air-con system ? Freaking awesome build though. When I hit the lotto', I know who to look up ! (If Steve's busy ;-) ......or maybe it could be a team effort.... What's that ? Oh.... it's my alarm clock. $#!+ :-( Peace, Fish
djphatbone Posted July 27, 2009 Report Posted July 27, 2009 Hey guys Having some teething problems, once we have them dialled out there will be vids! Till then you'll have to wait.. I' have some other general pics from a show last weekend later Thanks! sir your astro is amazing, we have the same van , just want to ask did you remove any parts on the engine bay to fit your 2 alternator? Distributor of:FIAASUNDOWN PhilippinesPhataudio "mine is louder than yours"
BITLD Posted July 27, 2009 Author Report Posted July 27, 2009 This build is just unbelievable ! The shear volume of equipment is amazing ! The artwork is just beautiful, and evident throughout. I'm curious about two things though (with a build like this, I'm sure it's been addressed, but if its been answered in this thread, I must have missed it) About how much does this stereo system alone, weigh ? And what is being done for the suspension ? The other thing I'm curious about is, what is being done to keep all of those amps cool ? Obviously their is going to be a ton of juice flowing through those, in very confined quarters (lots of heat that needs to be disipated). Fans ? Air-con system ? Freaking awesome build though. When I hit the lotto', I know who to look up ! (If Steve's busy ;-) ......or maybe it could be a team effort.... What's that ? Oh.... it's my alarm clock. $#!+ :-( Peace, Fish Fish, thanks! Some stats.. VAN WEIGHT gross vehicle weight rating (kg) 2,654, curb weight (kg) 1,896, SYSTEM WEIGHT batterys (kg) 360 subs (kg) 360 amps (kg) 140 sound deadening (kg) 100 cables (kg) 70 TIMBER (kg) ** TOTAL= 1030 KG Totals curb weight (kg) 1,896, system weight (kg) 1,030 TOTAL= 2,926 Weighbridge weight (kg) 3,460 Subtract the above Totals = 534 Kg (timber/steel for enclosure) ** Front suspension has DJM drop links with shorter coils and Bilstein shocks. Rear suspension has std multi-leafs with Airide Ride control bags. Suspension is fine, main issue is the tyres. On 45 series with 100Y and XL tyres.. As for your question about the amp temperatures. Right now its fine, we've monitored them very closely and theres plenty of air flow in/around the amps. If we have any issues i'm sure we'll figure a cooling method sir your astro is amazing, we have the same van , just want to ask did you remove any parts on the engine bay to fit your 2 alternator? Thanks man. If you look through the build pics and the alternator installation you'll see I removed the AC compressor. At the same time I went ahead and took out the condensor too, figured its just getting in the way of the rad. www.BladeICE.com UK/European Distributors Ascendant Audio Fi Car Audio XS Power KnuKonceptz.co.uk Facebook Youtube Channel
01xtreme Posted July 27, 2009 Report Posted July 27, 2009 damn, over 2000 pounds for a system is pretty damn ridiculous. But im sure it is completely worth it...even if it weighed double what it does. My System: Pioneer AVH-P3200BT 4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors) 8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash) 1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs) 2-18" BTL's (for now) Crescendo 3kwp (for sale) Complete rebuild coming soon...
BITLD Posted July 27, 2009 Author Report Posted July 27, 2009 Couple of weeks, they'll be some vids! Till then, i'm all outta pics.. www.BladeICE.com UK/European Distributors Ascendant Audio Fi Car Audio XS Power KnuKonceptz.co.uk Facebook Youtube Channel
littleitaly1990 Posted July 27, 2009 Report Posted July 27, 2009 so in your personal opinion, worlds loudest groundpounder? A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.
01xtreme Posted July 28, 2009 Report Posted July 28, 2009 so in your personal opinion, worlds loudest groundpounder? No way to tell, he hasn't metered it yet, at least he hasn't posted numbers yet. My System: Pioneer AVH-P3200BT 4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors) 8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash) 1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs) 2-18" BTL's (for now) Crescendo 3kwp (for sale) Complete rebuild coming soon...
Airborne Posted July 28, 2009 Report Posted July 28, 2009 I stole the last bunch of pics. Just figured you needed to kn that this is making me want an Astro again. My wife is going to love this shit. Fantastic build, there aren't many of this caliber anywhere.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.