OrionStang Posted August 31, 2011 Report Posted August 31, 2011 eat the same and lift. your body will burn its own fat to make muscle and energy. you need to change you mix, most likely. higher protein and fat, lower carbs. I don't care who you are, or what your goals are...carbs are the enemy Sugar and starchy carbs are bad, yes. But you still need fibrous carbs, eat your veggies. Try pooping when you eat 400 grams of protien a day with no fiber LOL. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Superjay Posted August 31, 2011 Report Posted August 31, 2011 eat the same and lift. your body will burn its own fat to make muscle and energy. you need to change you mix, most likely. higher protein and fat, lower carbs. I don't care who you are, or what your goals are...carbs are the enemy Sugar and starchy carbs are bad, yes. But you still need fibrous carbs, eat your veggies. Try pooping when you eat 400 grams of protien a day with no fiber LOL. let me rephrase then....bread and pasta and potatoes are bad...you can help counter the very high GI of potatoes by cooking with olive oil, but it still won't make up for the fact that carbs make you fat. Grains are bad, even whole grains. thanks for the correction. Orion is correct. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
Siete_Cinqo Posted August 31, 2011 Report Posted August 31, 2011 Brown rice pasta ftw! Just don't over do it. Just enough complex carbs to get by. Update on my weight. 295lbs from 310lbs a few weeks back. You don't want to just lose all kinds of weight with out developing some muscle. If you do, you'll just end up being what some call skinny-fat. Random vids of the Avalanche My link Team Bass-Hz
^_^ Gem132 Posted September 1, 2011 Report Posted September 1, 2011 eat the same and lift. your body will burn its own fat to make muscle and energy. you need to change you mix, most likely. higher protein and fat, lower carbs. I don't care who you are, or what your goals are...carbs are the enemy Sugar and starchy carbs are bad, yes. But you still need fibrous carbs, eat your veggies. Try pooping when you eat 400 grams of protien a day with no fiber LOL. let me rephrase then....bread and pasta and potatoes are bad...you can help counter the very high GI of potatoes by cooking with olive oil, but it still won't make up for the fact that carbs make you fat. Grains are bad, even whole grains. thanks for the correction. Orion is correct. any other foods to stay away from ?? did not no potatoes were bad Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100 Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout
OrionStang Posted September 1, 2011 Report Posted September 1, 2011 Corn, peas, and to a lesser extent, carrots, are starchy. Just google starchy vegetables. Fruit should be limited to one a day IMO. Greens are your best bet. Broccoli (and cauliflower), brussels sprouts, kale and spinach, lima beans, green beans, etc. I like to include plain kidney or black beans as well. No Bush's baked beans and shit. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
^_^ Gem132 Posted September 2, 2011 Report Posted September 2, 2011 Corn, peas, and to a lesser extent, carrots, are starchy. Just google starchy vegetables. Fruit should be limited to one a day IMO. Greens are your best bet. Broccoli (and cauliflower), brussels sprouts, kale and spinach, lima beans, green beans, etc. I like to include plain kidney or black beans as well. No Bush's baked beans and shit. :trippy: all my favourite foods :( thats suck big time Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100 Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout
finkster Posted September 2, 2011 Report Posted September 2, 2011 Im going to start bulking for fall/winter but i have a question as to how im going about this. Here is the main recipe I have in mind for the entire time of bulking. I never get tired of it. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/herbed-sweet-n-sour-chicken/detail.aspx OK, first off, is that going to be too much sodium, even if im drinking a shit ton of water? I am going to substitute brown rice for the white rice and either make brussels or broccoli with them every time. what do you think? DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
OrionStang Posted September 2, 2011 Report Posted September 2, 2011 Finkster: I would use the low sodium soysauce, and even then cut it from 6 to 4 Tablespoons. Also cut down the Honey. Salt isn't all bad when your bulking up, just keep it reasonable. Gem: You can have the veggies I listed, just not all the time. I eat corn a couple times a week, but only like a half cup serving. Greens are the best, I eat spinach every morning with my eggs, green salad with lunch, and brussels or broccoli with dinner. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Tebo Posted September 2, 2011 Report Posted September 2, 2011 I started lifting almost a year ago and about mid june i had to stop due to a shoulder injury, my shoulder popped out while i was doing 90s on db chest press. Im 5'7" 5'8" on a good day haha. 142 i wasnt doing too bad for being able to put up 90s but my arms and shoulders werent strong enough to support the wait. I took roughly 3 months off during the summer for bmx and to heal my shoulder. Ive been back at it for about 2 weeks now going 6 days a week. I am trying to work all muscle groups evenly but focus on one main group for two weeks and rotate that main focus every 2 weeks. Im heading down to a shop close to me called vitamin warehouse hoping to pick some no xplode and some amino acids of the same brand just the basic BCAA's 04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4 excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator
Superjay Posted September 2, 2011 Report Posted September 2, 2011 while lower sodium intake is better than higher...if you are working out daily, with 10-15 minutes of cardio (like walking on the treadmill) you won't need to worry about you sodium intake. You can also balance it with potassium if you just can't give up salt. That being said, I like that recipe. You're going to get very bored of eating the same damned thing all the time. I love AllRecipes, and use it almost exclusively when I've run out of ideas. I have posted several recipes there myself under Superjay. Tebo- glad to hear you're recovering well. if you figure leverage 90's are just the upper end of normal for someone your size. If you have strong arms it shouldn't be a problem to lock it out. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.