Superjay Posted October 13, 2011 Report Posted October 13, 2011 your simple plan needs to be to burn more calories than you consume. At your age it's going to be just that easy. If you eat x amount of calories but only burn x-200 calories you will gain about a pound a month. cut 400 calories from your daily intake, and exercise and you'll quickly get the weight off. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
Craig28 Posted October 13, 2011 Report Posted October 13, 2011 Why back and legs on the same day? Must not be hitting either one very hard. or maybe because ive been slacking so i hit both really hard? i did an hour on each today.... TEAM DC Everything is a 150 on th earometer Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw. Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss. AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more sound deadening using less sound deadener
OrionStang Posted October 13, 2011 Report Posted October 13, 2011 If your doing it to lose weight, wake up, have a cup of coffee, and get to running. Come home, shower, then have some eggs and fruit for breakfast. The only supps I suggest you take now would be a good liquid multi-vitamin, and maybe a good joint supplement for your knees, as a preventative measure. You can work with weights 3 days a week(mon, wed, fri) in the afternoon, alternating upper and lower body days. This is where Google becomes your friend. Or Jay may chime in with a lifting program. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
OrionStang Posted October 13, 2011 Report Posted October 13, 2011 Why back and legs on the same day? Must not be hitting either one very hard. or maybe because ive been slacking so i hit both really hard? i did an hour on each today.... Overtraining isn't going to make up for lost time. You just can't work two big muscle groups like that and effectively recover. Not trying to be a dick, it is what it is. Set your schedule, if you miss a day, fuck it, don't miss it next week. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Craig28 Posted October 13, 2011 Report Posted October 13, 2011 Why back and legs on the same day? Must not be hitting either one very hard. or maybe because ive been slacking so i hit both really hard? i did an hour on each today.... Overtraining isn't going to make up for lost time. You just can't work two big muscle groups like that and effectively recover. Not trying to be a dick, it is what it is. Set your schedule, if you miss a day, fuck it, don't miss it next week. i see your point. TEAM DC Everything is a 150 on th earometer Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw. Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss. AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more sound deadening using less sound deadener
Superjay Posted October 13, 2011 Report Posted October 13, 2011 If your doing it to lose weight, wake up, have a cup of coffee, and get to running. Come home, shower, then have some eggs and fruit for breakfast. The only supps I suggest you take now would be a good liquid multi-vitamin, and maybe a good joint supplement for your knees, as a preventative measure. You can work with weights 3 days a week(mon, wed, fri) in the afternoon, alternating upper and lower body days. This is where Google becomes your friend. Or Jay may chime in with a lifting program. all I can really add is to keep the weights moderate, so you can get 15-20 reps per set...4 sets per exercise. you're trying to lean out, not bulk, so you want to get a LOT of reps in. you'll start to feel flabby in a couple weeks. This is your muscles leaning and the fat coming to the surface. This is where it gets gone the best anyway. surface fat goes away with burning calories. muscles get leans with LOTS of reps Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
jshark5 Posted October 13, 2011 Report Posted October 13, 2011 Thanks superjay and orionstang. I plan on starting next Monday withthe running. Ill check in with you guys after a couple weeks. Thank you for explaining the whole feeling flabby in a couple weeks. 04' Chevy Blazer -Kenwood KIV-BT900, Infinity Kappa 462.9cfp's, Rockford P1653's, Subs... Ridin Stock-
jshark5 Posted October 17, 2011 Report Posted October 17, 2011 So I changed it up guys. Started waking up earlier, eating some fruit and then lifting and doing sit-ups. It feels good to get back into lifting. All I have thought is a curl bar and 2 25's but I'm enjoying throwing it around . 04' Chevy Blazer -Kenwood KIV-BT900, Infinity Kappa 462.9cfp's, Rockford P1653's, Subs... Ridin Stock-
woodzyspl Posted October 22, 2011 Report Posted October 22, 2011 been pritty quiet in here.. workouts are going good, sucks how you lose weight and strength gets in half tho =/ if loseing weight but wanting to still be big and get ripped, would be worth training with 6-8 reps instead of my aim 8-12 AUSTRALIA do i need say more? HU: some crap pionee AMP: dc 9k @ 18v SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12" Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d burp setup for fun 152's soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU
theTank77 Posted October 22, 2011 Report Posted October 22, 2011 I wish I could still hit the gym like I used to in highschool. I was a body builder back in high school. I was 5'8" averaged 200-210 lbs and around 5-7% body fat. At the time that I fucked up my knee my max benching was (all these are including the 45lb bar) 500lbs, deadlifting 570, leg press 1200 (maxed out the machine), And squatting was 550lbs. I couldnt do all that much squatting because I messed up my back in freshmen year football when I was 14. heres a pic of me as a senior just after I messed up my knee. I was around 230 one day after I get my knee rebuilt then I'll start lifting again my build log
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.