Jump to content

Weightlifting/ Workout


Recommended Posts

Posted

I said that because you are asking a very basic question. And Lol at baseball and active being put in the same sentence...

Ha the games weren't nearly as much exercise as the training was. And I only asked because I never see anyone talk about building muscle and trimming fat, it's always bulk then cut. And I'm talking about really putting on some muscle while keeping your physique, just to clarify. I don't know much about this subject, but I'm trying to learn.

Baseball is hella hard work Sam. :lol:

What career you looking into?

Looking to become a LEO. Already been through academy, jobs are just scarce..

Posted

I got something for you to try, but it really only works if you can workout around lunch or early afternoon. Don't eat simple carbs before lifting and eat a ton of them after training. Here's a sample day:

0730 3 whole eggs, 2 bacon, water, 1 cup of coffee optional no cream or sugar

1030 6-8oz chicken breast, BIG green salad with olive oil dressing

1130 Workout

1300 25-35grams whey protein with either a banana or 2-3 cups watermelon

1400 Big sandwich, maybe two. Whatever you want really, lean cuts of meat are best and load up the veggies

1800 Whatever you want for dinner. Carbs and saturated fat are ok for this meal. Burger and fries baby.

Before bed 2 cups cottage cheese OR a scoop of protein and 2 tablespoons of any nut butter(organic)

You will gain muscle and drop fat at the same time if you can follow this. The lack of carbs pre-workout sparks something in the nervous system that boosts growth. It also makes your body use fat for energy in the morning and during the workout. The carbs post workout will replenish energy stores in the muscles. The post workout saturated fats will aid muscle growth, recovery, and testosterone production.

Thank me later, this info would cost you a couple hundred bucks from a certified trainer.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

^ thanks a ton for that. Only thing is that besides weekends I work 0600-1700 everyday. Could I still follow that type of routine or alter a few things? But on weekends I can follow this exact schedule. Thanks again.

Posted

That plan is for your workout days ... so it should only be followed then. Not sure how far off you can go.

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Posted

Anyone here ever had luck with building muscle yet also burning fat, or do you guys just stick with bulk then cut?

The trick that I found worked for me was eating high protein low carb. I have always been able to pack on muscle and size easier than most though. But my protein consisted of eggs whites, eggs, chicken breast, lean beef (1 or 2 days out of the week). And my only real carbs were from veggies. Boring but simple. My downfall is when i try to get creative and that f's up my meal planning.

I am a fat ass now. But starting to get it back. Got some cutting to do now because I have really been slacking.

Posted

Well I'm only 5'9 175 so not a lot to burn just a little here n there. I figured for bigger guys it'd be a little easier. Would running a few times a week hurt while trying to gain?

Fuck running unless your a marathon runner lol. You lift hard enough, you shouldn't need much cardio. How old are you?

True statement. You don’t need to do cardio at all if you don’t want to. I personally hate it and was able to get jacked but your workouts and MOST IMPORTANTLY nutrition need to be on point if you looking to increase muscle mass and drop that bf %.

But I am going to try and squeeze in more cardio now because I want to be more of an athlete than a powerhouse. That was high school and college. My current office job doesn’t require me to have a 500 bench anymore. Office files are pretty light, haha.

Posted

That plan is for your workout days ... so it should only be followed then. Not sure how far off you can go.

Yeah I know but I was just stating that weekends I can do it if I workout but weekdays are hard.

And my diet isn't very strict as is right now but nothing too bad.

Posted

Well, use the strategy or don't. It's right here in front of you. Cracks me up how people ask how to do something, then find reasons they can't follow the advice given. It's simple really, pre-make all your meals the night before and take them with you in a cooler. Work out at lunch time.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

That plan is for your workout days ... so it should only be followed then. Not sure how far off you can go.

Yeah I know but I was just stating that weekends I can do it if I workout but weekdays are hard.

And my diet isn't very strict as is right now but nothing too bad.

Like for me, if I was following that plan... my days going to the gym 3-4 times a week I could actually follow that plan. On the other 2 days I'd eat my normal veggie meals. Simple. If you can follow the plan 2-3 a week that does the job.

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2356 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...