optical Posted April 26, 2012 Report Posted April 26, 2012 Ive been doing pull ups lots and lots of pull ups. they are indespensible pretty much so once you get your endurance with them you can just go forever. I got so into pull ups over the winter i got a buddy hooked and we made our own pull up bar outside, ill post pics tomorrow. How many you talking? I think pull ups and dips are one of the hardest body weight exercises i do. I can only do 20 full down and up pull ups and about 25-28 chin ups ( hands facing you)
OrionStang Posted April 26, 2012 Report Posted April 26, 2012 Is doing everything 5x5 a good idea or just 1 exercise per muscle? I started doing my deadlift that way today. Started lighter than i probably should have (225) but i think i will add 10 total pounds each week. Is doing everything 5x5 a good idea or just 1 exercise per muscle? I started doing my deadlift that way today. Started lighter than i probably should have (225) but i think i will add 10 total pounds each week. Only use 5x5 for the main lift. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
nautical7 Posted April 26, 2012 Report Posted April 26, 2012 Finally back on a lifting schedule after trying p90x for a bit, and must say it's a nice change. P90X was good for keeping up cardio and helping get rid of some fat, but it doesn't really help maintain/grow muscle, but I knew this going into it.
Tebo Posted April 26, 2012 Report Posted April 26, 2012 Ive been doing pull ups lots and lots of pull ups. they are indespensible pretty much so once you get your endurance with them you can just go forever. I got so into pull ups over the winter i got a buddy hooked and we made our own pull up bar outside, ill post pics tomorrow. How many you talking? I think pull ups and dips are one of the hardest body weight exercises i do. I can only do 20 full down and up pull ups and about 25-28 chin ups ( hands facing you) as many as i can really, all different grips. My first set i will start with wide grip and do 10 reps then on the last rep i explode up and switch grips to close grip chin ups and i do 10 more of those. The pull ups bar at my gym arent straight bars like the one i built so i try to do as many different grips as possible. By the end up my work out i like to have atleast 200 pull ups done. Recently i have been adding in weights and its helping all over the board, my abs are stronger than ever. still need to cut the tops off, seal the wood and finishing clearing the crap around it. 04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4 excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator
OrionStang Posted April 26, 2012 Report Posted April 26, 2012 Thats a ton of pullups. I can't do proper pullups, short t-rex arms and wide shoulders make it almost impossible to get my chin over the top. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
optical Posted April 26, 2012 Report Posted April 26, 2012 damn that is alot of pullups! How far did into the ground did you put the supports? I almost made a pull up bar last year but decided against it, but i was thinking 6-8 feet into the ground. edit: ever tried muscle ups? Its basically where you do your pull up and keep going and press your body above the bar similar to how you would get on a roof of a house or get over a fence. If that makes any sense lol
mbdblue Posted May 1, 2012 Report Posted May 1, 2012 you guys know of any good lower back workouts I can do to strengthen it up? SInce it seems to be a common problem with me hurting it every couple years or so. Looks like Im gonna have to lay off the dumbbell chest presses for a little while, maybe work the pussy smith machine instead for now. planet fitness has the easiest (as in weight) smith machines I've ever used. I wish they had regular benches. AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
OrionStang Posted May 1, 2012 Report Posted May 1, 2012 you guys know of any good lower back workouts I can do to strengthen it up? SInce it seems to be a common problem with me hurting it every couple years or so. Looks like Im gonna have to lay off the dumbbell chest presses for a little while, maybe work the pussy smith machine instead for now. planet fitness has the easiest (as in weight) smith machines I've ever used. I wish they had regular benches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rGkasjUf9Q Strong abs will aid your lower back. And don't forget heavy dead lifting. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
mbdblue Posted May 1, 2012 Report Posted May 1, 2012 cool man thanks, Ive always been decent with ab workouts; but Ill continue them. Is there a big chance that those extensions will lead to blowing it out again? Im really wary of my lower back since my job depends on it, and because Ive hurt it before AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
OrionStang Posted May 1, 2012 Report Posted May 1, 2012 Its body weight, if that blows out you back you got bigger issues at hand. They will strengthen your lower back muscles. What motion do you do at work that causes the back problems? SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.