Jump to content

Weightlifting/ Workout


Recommended Posts

Posted

No real goals. Just want to drop down about 60lbs or so. I'm about 265 right now. Only about 5'9 or so. About 3 months ago I could only do about 2-3 pushups. Now I can do sets of 30+ on the regular. Only problem is my wrists start giving in at about 30 reps. I just go until I get sharp pains around the armpit area and I fail the pushup and hit the floor. LOL. Now that might be bad but it has given me great results in upping my bench #'s.

TBH caprice... I'd look into you're food intake seriously hard.... Christmas 2010 I was at 232lbs .... I had tried exercising previous to that....joined the gym and everything and saw no real changes... I got dumped and kicked out the apartment we had together.... Rough shyt but decided on February 12, 2011 I was gonna lose that fcking fat for good ... I decided to change my diet severely and it worked.... It might not for all but I strictly removed lots of carbs from my diet .... Water only .... pretty much vegetables and chicken only.... Sometimes some Kashi cereal (dry since I didn't want the fat from the milk) .... I went down to 196lbs by May that year..... Joined the gym again in June of 2011 and reached my goal weight of 182lbs by March or 2012..... Went on vacation and felt soooo skinny ... Decided that I want to be in the 190s and stay there... and if I ended up in the 180s again I'd have to be packing some real muscle.... so right now I'm about 205lbs after bulking up a bit and hoping I can cut well after the winter.... We'll see how that goes...

Congratulations man. I have done portioning before but I got to move into those healthier foods like chicken and greens. What kind of chicken and greens do you get? I'm just trying to get a healthier diet and cut most of my fat so I can get cut.

Posted

No real goals. Just want to drop down about 60lbs or so. I'm about 265 right now. Only about 5'9 or so. About 3 months ago I could only do about 2-3 pushups. Now I can do sets of 30+ on the regular. Only problem is my wrists start giving in at about 30 reps. I just go until I get sharp pains around the armpit area and I fail the pushup and hit the floor. LOL. Now that might be bad but it has given me great results in upping my bench #'s.

TBH caprice... I'd look into you're food intake seriously hard.... Christmas 2010 I was at 232lbs .... I had tried exercising previous to that....joined the gym and everything and saw no real changes... I got dumped and kicked out the apartment we had together.... Rough shyt but decided on February 12, 2011 I was gonna lose that fcking fat for good ... I decided to change my diet severely and it worked.... It might not for all but I strictly removed lots of carbs from my diet .... Water only .... pretty much vegetables and chicken only.... Sometimes some Kashi cereal (dry since I didn't want the fat from the milk) .... I went down to 196lbs by May that year..... Joined the gym again in June of 2011 and reached my goal weight of 182lbs by March or 2012..... Went on vacation and felt soooo skinny ... Decided that I want to be in the 190s and stay there... and if I ended up in the 180s again I'd have to be packing some real muscle.... so right now I'm about 205lbs after bulking up a bit and hoping I can cut well after the winter.... We'll see how that goes...

Congratulations man. I have done portioning before but I got to move into those healthier foods like chicken and greens. What kind of chicken and greens do you get? I'm just trying to get a healthier diet and cut most of my fat so I can get cut.

Thanks man! Don't blame home-cooked meals... Send them my way !!! lol... My mom stopped cooking her arroz a long time ago....

I usually get chicken breast from BJ's .... bulk meat makes it easier to NOT have an excuse to not eat better.... get my veggies fresh and if I'm at someone else's house or going to it, I stick with frozen veggies and some cottage cheese.... When I get hungry at night I drink a glass or 2 or water... if I get hungry later on I'll get some carrots and a bit of hummus out the fridge.... I sometimes do a green shake too.... Eating fruits earlier in the day helps when you're needing something on the go.... But broccoli, carrots, kale, spinach, soy beans .... ummmm lettuce for salads obviously.... I like eating pure garlic cloves with most of my green things.... just preference .... ummm egg whites are good, slightly less fat and protein than a normal egg but easy to cook as you can microwave it without any worries of sickness.... makes life easy to prepare things in the microwave... I ate oatmeal like twice a week for breakfast.... again quick easy and healthy to eat, put some cinnamon on that bish and you're good to go....

Cottage cheese is a good source of protein but not everyone can stomach it.... I cut out beef since I didn't want to get tough as meat for low fat percentage .... Everybody is different though.... see what you like and what you can force down and then you'll be able to pick your meals easier .... greek yogurt on the go is good as well, high in sugar and good carbs but also protein and vitamins...

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Posted

So you buy the chicken in bulk? I've seen the cans of breast meat kinda looks like a tuna can, are they a good choice. Also should I eat it plain or make a sandwich out of it? I have heard that the wheat in bread is good for you but if you eat to much it will make you gain fat. That leads to my last question you mentioned hummice what do you dip in it and what kind of hummice? I've had the garlic flavored one it was delicious! I have got to learn to eat my greens maybe if I throw them in with the chicken I do like broccoli with spaghetti and lettuce on chicken sandwiches.

Posted

I buy the 10lb bags of chicken breast at Sams club. Make like 3 days worth at a time. Then once a week, I go buy a variety of veggies, fresh frozen and canned. I like to switch 'em up at each meal.

You can make chicken sandwiches, sure. Just make sure you find a good whole wheat bread. I look for 4-5 grams of fiber a slice.

If you're hardcore, try Ezekial bread. It would be in the freezer at the grocery store. Ask if they have it, its what a lot of body builders use.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

make sure you cook the chicken when you buy it... or the next day!!! lol

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Posted

If you guys aren't doing dead lifts of hang cleans or working out your back at all... Your not gonna get much stronger with your chest

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Posted

If you guys aren't doing dead lifts of hang cleans or working out your back at all... Your not gonna get much stronger with your chest

I work on back.... lats... traps.... tri.... deadlifts as well...

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Posted

vid of me squatting ....

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Posted

make sure you cook the chicken when you buy it... or the next day!!! lol

Thats what the freezer is for.

If you guys aren't doing dead lifts of hang cleans or working out your back at all... Your not gonna get much stronger with your chest

T-bar rows and reverse pec-deck are two of the best back exercises that help your bench. They isolate the outer lats and rear delts respectively.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

@Shogen, didn't want to quote your entire post, but I dropped 225 on my neck my senior year in HS. I had just knocked out 32 reps combine style and didn't pay attention (dumb ass spotter, too). I let go of the bar and it landed right on my throat. I have no idea how I didn't get seriously hurt.

Unreal man, seriously that's the luckiest thing I've heard in a while......

you probably had a thick ass neck. i know a college football player dropped a lot of weight on his neck but was able to survive cuz he was a meathead. he had minor injuries

shit even my friend dropped it, more on his chest tho and i think thats why he didnt get hurt lol

I met that guy at USC, my mom works the the Keck Med. School and he was at the ophthalmology center getting his vision checked after surgery, my god I've never seen something that looked so painful, I could hardly believe he was alive after an accident like that...

vid of me squatting ....

Don't you need to go much further down to get the full effect? I also don't usually like the guided machines because it seems like a major part of the workout is keeping the weight in the correct form, not sure if it actually makes a difference though

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 587 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...