OldsBoomer Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 Ill take in more water and maybe try a new protein my body building friend takes and see how that goes. I take a multivamin in the AM and PM Suburban Coming Soon
Superjay Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 The Beta Alanine is going to make your skin tingle...that stuff is a lot like the HemoRage I'm taking...it's a tub of pure awesome, ground up into a powder and sold as a supplement. @Boomer - Protein won't cause dehydration. what else are you taking? I drink 1-3 gallons a day. I'm constantly drinking and peeing, but my kidneys are clean and I'm always hydrated. The only time I ever pee anything but clear is mornings I take my liquid vitamins but don't eat anything... Yeah, I love that feeling. Thats how I know the shit has kicked in. It makes me all red, too. I was taking beta-alanine tabs last summer and loved 'em. And X2 on the morning flourescent pee. Damn Animal Pak. yeah, once that tingle starts I know it's time to leave for the gym...10 minutes away, by the time I get on the racks I'm sweating and haven't done anything yet...LOVE IT Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
TeejayBee Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 what were your numbers? and you dont gota bs me lol
optical Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 What is a good weight for a 130 pound 19 year old to be benching max/10rep? I can push up 170 1 time for max but when i try hard my back tends to arch is that a bad thing? no one can really say body structure and how much you lifted in the past and how active you are now plays a big part. How tall are you. I say if you in decent shape you sould be able to put up your body weight 10x and 2-4 sets Side note: PAST=PASSED I never really lifted in my past i am 5"7 130ish pounds, What about arching the back while pushing up weight? when ever i am struggling my back gets a huge arch especially while doing max.
optical Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 find what you can push 8 times, then make yourself do it 10 times. I'd say start with a couple 35 pound plates (105 pounds) and go from there. If you can get through 3 or 4 sets without thinking you might crush your own skull because you can't quite get the bar up that last couple times you need to increase weight. If I'm not struggling on the last set I need more weight ok, also what targets the chest more the incline or flat bench? My gym has both
nautical7 Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 ok, also what targets the chest more the incline or flat bench? My gym has both I've believe the incline is more of a workout for your chest.
OldsBoomer Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 what were your numbers? and you dont gota bs me lol Swim: 9:20 run:10 flat pullups:14(can do but saved myself) Situps:50(same as pullups) Pushups:45( I wanted to max but my recruiter was encouraging me which makes me laugh and fucked me up lol. I couldn't stop laughing after 25) What is a good weight for a 130 pound 19 year old to be benching max/10rep? I can push up 170 1 time for max but when i try hard my back tends to arch is that a bad thing? no one can really say body structure and how much you lifted in the past and how active you are now plays a big part. How tall are you. I say if you in decent shape you sould be able to put up your body weight 10x and 2-4 sets Side note: PAST=PASSED I never really lifted in my past i am 5"7 130ish pounds, What about arching the back while pushing up weight? when ever i am struggling my back gets a huge arch especially while doing max. Arching your back is not helping you at all. IF your strugling that bad do less weight. start at 115 and do 3 sets of about 10-12. do that for a 2 weeks like twice a week. Then the third week try 135 with the same reps/sets. find what you can push 8 times, then make yourself do it 10 times. I'd say start with a couple 35 pound plates (105 pounds) and go from there. If you can get through 3 or 4 sets without thinking you might crush your own skull because you can't quite get the bar up that last couple times you need to increase weight. If I'm not struggling on the last set I need more weight ok, also what targets the chest more the incline or flat bench? My gym has both both do them both incline should be harder for you so dont try to do as much as you do on the flat bench on the incline. incline will get chest and shoulders and flat is more chest and tries. If you want to target your chest alot do wide grip on the benching and do flys Suburban Coming Soon
Superjay Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 find what you can push 8 times, then make yourself do it 10 times. I'd say start with a couple 35 pound plates (105 pounds) and go from there. If you can get through 3 or 4 sets without thinking you might crush your own skull because you can't quite get the bar up that last couple times you need to increase weight. If I'm not struggling on the last set I need more weight ok, also what targets the chest more the incline or flat bench? My gym has both you should do incline, flat and decline to target the 3 groups of the pectoral muscles. I to dumbbells for incline, cable flies instead of flat and straight bar for decline. This helps me work all the support muscles, too. since you're 130 pounds I'd go for reps at that weight. Use a 35 pound plate on each side to start...that's 105, then go to the 45 pound plate. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
Superjay Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 arching your back changes the angle of the press...it moves the weight to the pectoralis majora, which is your decline press. it's a stronger muscle...it's sort of like cheating, and it means you're pushing too much weight. it's not bad, it just moves the weight around on your chest. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
n8ball2013 Posted February 21, 2011 Report Posted February 21, 2011 superjay you're my hero you big beastly man you THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.