OrionStang Posted July 4, 2011 Report Posted July 4, 2011 that's about what I do....that one's a little more intense though Oh its good, Jay. Especially if you keep the rest to 1 minute between sets. I'll probably do it for a few weeks before going back to heavy. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Superjay Posted July 5, 2011 Report Posted July 5, 2011 I'm officially back on track. Did legs this morning...just enough to be able to walk for the next few days...I'l kick it back into gear next week after the initial break in period. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
bre2ts Posted July 7, 2011 Report Posted July 7, 2011 Well just took my pt test this morning scored the highest on it since I joined 96.6 Feedback 1 | Feedback 2 you win some, you lose some
GiAnT4LYFE Posted July 8, 2011 Report Posted July 8, 2011 I did shoulders today and incorporated the shrug/press into it at the end. Here's today's workout: Seated Dumbell Shoulder Press: 60x12 70x10 80x10 Machine Iso Shoulder Press (Plates; total weight) 140x12 160x12 190x9 Superset 1 Dumbbell Lat Raises 20x12 20x12 25x10 Front Plate Raise 45x12 45x12 45x12 Front Shrugs (dumbbells in front) 75x20 75x20 75x20 Shrug and Press 20x15 20x15 20x12 Holy shit my shoulders were on FIRE when I finished up with that. Ended up wrapping this workout up in 40 mins. I love this new twist. Tomorrow is workout number 6 for my Flat Bench program.
OrionStang Posted July 9, 2011 Report Posted July 9, 2011 This was my shoulder workout today. It was supposed to be light volume because I max all my lifts next week, but I got carried away. 1) DB Press:60x10 75x10 90x8, rest 20 sec, then 3 more reps 2) Superset; Front Plate raise: 45x(10,10,10) Side Raise: 30x(10,10,10) Shrug n' Flip: 30x(8,6,6) Kicked my ass, thanks Jay 3) Run the Rack Side Raise: 50,40,30x5each, then 20's to failure(12) All with no rest 4) Reverse Pec Deck: 150x10x3sets 5) Machine Shrugs: 100x25 190x15 280x10 (Squeeze and Hold the last 2) Got big ass melon shoulders right now!!! SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Bocaj Posted July 10, 2011 Report Posted July 10, 2011 Do you guys have any suggestions for getting the dumbbells up to shoulder level for the overhead press. I can do the 65's for 10 but when I try to do the 70's I cant get them up to my shoulders. It's frustrating as hell. Car 1991 Honda Accord EX System I now have and is finally installed! Pioneer DEH-P7200HD Digital Designs 3512 Digtal Designs CS 6.5" components Audioque 2200 DD Audio C5b Optima Yellow Top Rockford Fosgate 1/0 Damplifier Pro Luxury Liner Pro
Superjay Posted July 10, 2011 Report Posted July 10, 2011 put them on your knees and lift your legs to throw them up to shoulder level...There's no way I can lift 120's TO my shoulder without using my legs Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
OrionStang Posted July 11, 2011 Report Posted July 11, 2011 put them on your knees and lift your legs to throw them up to shoulder level...There's no way I can lift 120's TO my shoulder without using my legs That doesn't work with a belly like mine lol. Just ask someone to help you get them into place. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Superjay Posted July 11, 2011 Report Posted July 11, 2011 true...if you have a gut on you (I call it the powerlifter battery pack) there's no way you're going to throw your legs up like that. Get in position and have someone hand them to you if you can't use your legs to get them up. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
Bocaj Posted July 11, 2011 Report Posted July 11, 2011 Thanks. I'll have to start practicing popping the weights up to my shoulders with my knees. I haven't been lifting heavy enough to need to do that so I guess it's kind of a good thing. By the way Jay that shoulder workout of yours murders my shoulders. I'm only using 15 pound dumbbells and it's all I can do to finish 3 sets of it. Car 1991 Honda Accord EX System I now have and is finally installed! Pioneer DEH-P7200HD Digital Designs 3512 Digtal Designs CS 6.5" components Audioque 2200 DD Audio C5b Optima Yellow Top Rockford Fosgate 1/0 Damplifier Pro Luxury Liner Pro
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.