i have seen both used but what is actully the best?? i have seen people take off the the rear plastic covers and use a foam the comes in a areosol can. and then but the platic covers back on. the foam acts the same way as dyno mat keeps the body from shaking and making a lot of noise and it is 50 times cheaper than dyno mat.

leave what you think below.

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

i would def go wit the foam. it works and its cheap as hell

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Has anyone used a sound deadener like dynamat or fat mat and used expanding foam..How does that work?? I would love to fill my Fender Spaces in my trunk with foam...I know I would have to be careful not to use to much. But i would be nervous about it coming loose and creating a rattle...

Edited by zaxfire69

well. i have used foam before in my speaker boxes. they help seal all the seems, and you can shave the foam to help with air flow out of the port. I have never used it on the body of a car before, but i did hear about that. Thats why i was considering applying the foam and saying painting it. just saying fuck the pannels.

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

Use the faom for where you cant reach to lay mat (small spaces in supports) but you dont want to fill large areas with foam cause the larger the area the less effective it is. I experimented with it in a rodeo (4 12's 4k watts) and ended up cutting the foam out of the big areas and laying mat. Oh yeah careful not to get the stuff where you dont want it cause it sticks to everything and is hard as hell to remove!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

• 3 years later...

dynamat xtreme is the best according to dozens of reviews i've read. i also use dynamat xtreme myself. it's FANTASTIC. a bit expensive though, so make sure you get a good deal - buy online only. second skin would come in second. no pun intended. but considering I don't work at best buy anymore i would use second skin...