Sundown Audio

Power Acoustik know it alls in here

sayhuh?

So, I'm taking it that its a yes, but burp only and thats still no gauruntee?

Thanks.

Yea pretty much.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

my buddy had one of these on 2 re sx 15's wired to 1 ohm and it would over heat like crazy. on the tl he wasnt even close to my numbers so id guess it wont do even 2k.

tuTWENTY * Team MechMan * Team Shok * Team Sundown

Ran the power series 5500 on DD9917 at 1ohm and did fine. Had it moving pretty good also.

I never clamped it though...I wanted to but never got the chance, Mechman 170 alt, and two yellow tops never dropped below 13.8 so it had to be some power atleast...lol.

My boss still has it too, I bet he will let me borrow it to get some power numbers from it when I get my lvl4 xl 18 next week.

I'll hit back and let yall know something.

lets get some more opinnions on here about that gothic5500 amp.... im thinking about buying one from a member here.... is it a trust worthy amp at 1 ohm? will it do 2000rms+ cleanly... let get some opinnions from people with experience with the amps... not just a guessed opinnion...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

lets get some more opinnions on here about that gothic5500 amp.... im thinking about buying one from a member here.... is it a trust worthy amp at 1 ohm? will it do 2000rms+ cleanly... let get some opinnions from people with experience with the amps... not just a guessed opinnion...

What are you going to be pushing with the 5500?

The one I had, and the gothic is the same amp, just different casing. It runs fine at 1ohm, not sure about power output, but it had my 9917 moving really good.

Never got hot, never went into protect, just played and kept playin.

That amp was my third PA that I owned, good budget amp.

i used have the 3000d and i used it at 1 ohm daily and it never over heated on me at all. i had it pushing 2 powerbass 3xl 12's. did a pretty good job but my hifonics does much better but thats a given.

THIS THREAD IS GOING TO BE SO EPIC....i cant wait

ill leave and check it tomorrow when someone is crying, someone else is banned and thread is locked...

:insert pic of dane cook laughing:

Mechman 270 amp alt.

Pioneer DEH-P7200

Powerbass 2XL 5.25 Coax's

Powerbass 2XL 6.5 Comp's

Powerbass 2XL 6x9's

Powerbass asa400.4

AQ2200

Custom 18 with BTL motor

Trunked with no matting FTTTLLLLLL!!!

that amp don't have onboard fusing, plus its never nice to run amps .5ohms daily. your asking for smoke.

Bills

Really I guess no one ever told my saz1500's that cause I ran them everyday at .5 ohms for 10 months and never had them shut off. I'm now running my 2000d's at the same impedence and still no issues. If you plan on running an amp below it's rated impedence make sure that you have the electrical to support it fully. Don't try to run below rated loads with a stock alt and battery, at least have a couple upgraded batts and a few runs of 0 guage.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

My electrical isn't stock, but running a daily set-up at .5 ohm on this amp is my question. I can't pull the trigger on the unknown. Sry to the individual trying to sell it to me. Plus we weren't talking about a saz1500...but yet a pa 5500. Slight difference.

Thanks to all.

Side note...ordered a 1608d from OCS and the bastids sent me the 1610d. Now I have to sell my 1608d and buy another 1610d. Damn it if my amps don't match. :D

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown