Jump to content

Teenagers and texting


Recommended Posts

Posted

for the most part i try to text using proper grammar but my texts have a limit to how many letters can be in it... so instead of send 1 full message and a message with 1 word id have to shorten up a word... which is what starts it, then you realize you could send more in a text so you shorten it up more, next thing you know your saying ily instead of i love you to your girl friend and it starts to lose its meaning! ahhh TEXTING WILL KILL US ALL!!!! jk

Build log: Click

Feedback: http://www.stevemead...xbccp-feedback/

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

Posted

obama's punk ass needs to ban texting.not fire arms

i like texting :dry:

the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray.

Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz

Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt

Posted

I used to text like that back when i had a normal phone keypad, because it took a lot longer to spell it all out and stuff and i got tired of wasting time. But for the past 3 years I have had a smart phone, or my current iPhone, which has a full qwerty key bored. So i usually spell things right and use correct grammar, since its much faster, and a heck of a lot easier to type.

When i type papers for school, i still misspell things because i am used to AIM and stuff.. But auto correct is my friend, so with minimal editing i am saved on that.

Team Deadly Hertz

1997 GMC 1500

Update....

System is gone

Motor is fucked

Truck is down and out for a while

Myspace

YOUTUBE

My Build

Posted

I used to text like that back when i had a normal phone keypad, because it took a lot longer to spell it all out and stuff and i got tired of wasting time. But for the past 3 years I have had a smart phone, or my current iPhone, which has a full qwerty key bored. So i usually spell things right and use correct grammar, since its much faster, and a heck of a lot easier to type.

When i type papers for school, i still misspell things because i am used to AIM and stuff.. But auto correct is my friend, so with minimal editing i am saved on that.

this might work..

this also worked for me.. I have had the side kick or blackberry curve for the past 4 years, and with a full keyboard I find it much faster to write a text in proper grammer.

but that also came by me not wanting to look like an idiot when texting my friends. which also gave me leverage in telling them how dumb they sound when they don't spell things right.

www.myspace.com/trob10

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-x792

Rockford Fosgate Punch 5x7"

DC Audio level 3 12"

DC Audio 1000.1

Stinger wiring

DCSig.jpg

Posted

I used to text like that back when i had a normal phone keypad, because it took a lot longer to spell it all out and stuff and i got tired of wasting time. But for the past 3 years I have had a smart phone, or my current iPhone, which has a full qwerty key bored. So i usually spell things right and use correct grammar, since its much faster, and a heck of a lot easier to type.

When i type papers for school, i still misspell things because i am used to AIM and stuff.. But auto correct is my friend, so with minimal editing i am saved on that.

my son's phone has a qwerty keyboard too so no excuse for him.

Alright, thanks guys for chiming in, I think i'm going to go ahead and make proper grammar a rule for him. Now if spelling wasn't an issue on his school work then we wouldn't be having this conversation, but he misspells easy words so it drives me crazy that he spends so much time practicing misspelling.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Posted

This is a little off topic but SQMonte, you have an awesome Avatar. That was one of the greatest fights ever. Best TKO I've ever witnessed, he basically broke his face for the win. I'm jealous you have that. Oh, and I am a master texter, I usually don't have to look at my phone while I do it, just proofread when I'm done. I hate keyboard phones, my fingers are too big.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Posted

This is a little off topic but SQMonte, you have an awesome Avatar. That was one of the greatest fights ever. Best TKO I've ever witnessed, he basically broke his face for the win. I'm jealous you have that. Oh, and I am a master texter, I usually don't have to look at my phone while I do it, just proofread when I'm done. I hate keyboard phones, my fingers are too big.

Thanks. I don't know about it being one of the greatest fights ever but Lesnar dominated Mir like I never imagined. If Lesnar fights someone who can negate his ground game, I think he's done. All Lesnar did was smother Mir, he was so much bigger than Mir that once he got on top of him there wasn't much Mir could do. If Mir could have stayed on his feet I think things would have been different.

Luckily my phone is a touchscreen so my keyboard comes up on it, so the "keys" are much bigger than on a qwerty keyboard phone. I too have grubby fingers so those little keys are frustrating to use.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Posted

damn i hear this for sure, i text alot (and use ya and cuz for short lol) cuz its just easier alot of the time so im not tied up on the phone unless need to be on the phone. but damn for real i never even thought about peoples spelling gettin all messed up from it. shit as a father myself id bug him about it for sure... unless they dont care about grammer in school these days lol. my oldest is going into 2nd grade so i got time til then...but 5 more younger kids right behind in age lol.

Posted

I'd say its a great rule to enforce, I myself practice proper grammar in texts. Hell if I don't know how to spell a word I'll google it then go back to the text lol. I love my bb storm it corrects me a lot. A severe punishment would be to make him type out 'laugh out loud' and 'laughing my ass off' that would be quite annoying lol

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Posted

damn i hear this for sure, i text alot (and use ya and cuz for short lol) cuz its just easier alot of the time so im not tied up on the phone unless need to be on the phone. but damn for real i never even thought about peoples spelling gettin all messed up from it. shit as a father myself id bug him about it for sure... unless they dont care about grammer in school these days lol. my oldest is going into 2nd grade so i got time til then...but 5 more younger kids right behind in age lol.

damn son, you've been a busy man! If your oldest is 7 and you have 5 morethat are younger, whew, do work son!

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2355 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...