Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

lookin good, keep the updates coming.

Lol, Ill post up some updated stuff hopefully later tonight. Ive got an insane amount of homework but ill try to get something up. In short, nothing too amazing has happened due to school and getting a new car, but ive got a little bit to show.

oh my bad i didnt look at the date of his last post i just say this on the recent activity and thought it was recent.

So sorry about taking so long with these pics but ive been super busy with school. So anyways, im not sure why not, but I can't find any pics from this summer. Maybe they will show up later. Anyways, this is what happened summer of 09 that didn't get posted.

After finishing the toe pan I got to installing the seat riser. Cleaned the surface well and hit it with some self etching primer.

IMG_1873.jpg

Apparently meanwhile, the gf of the time finished cleaning off the trunk lid and hit it with some self etching primer as well.

IMG_1875.jpg

Test fit for the seat riser. After this I would have shaped it to fit a bit better.

IMG_1876.jpg

For some reason I have a gap of pictures, but I drilled holes in the flat part that gets welded and welded the seat riser in place. Here it is partially welded and getting a test fit with the seat.

IMG_1877.jpg

And then yay for my dad putting up more shelves that ended up holding my crap. lol.

IMG_1878.jpg

On to the other side. Quite bad condition as you can see.

IMG_1912.jpg

Cut the seat riser off.

IMG_1914.jpg

Definitely not reusable... good thing I wasn't planning on it.

IMG_1915.jpg

Cut the rear seat pan out to about what I wanted

IMG_1916.jpg

Grinded off the outside spot welds to free up the old pan

IMG_1917.jpg

marked cut and started to spot weld in the new rear pan. If I remember correctly the fit was a lot better than it looked I just had to fix (hammer out) the radius of the curve a bit. These parts never seem to fit right the way they come.

IMG_1918.jpg

Once again missed some progress but between those points I welded up the rest of it, grinded it down, and hit it with some primer on the welds. Then I marked and cut the space for the front pan and spot welded it in place.

IMG_2056-1.jpg

IMG_2057.jpg

Felt like getting a pic of a weld while still hot. This one was probably built up a bit high but its hard not to do when having to cover such a large portion.

IMG_2059.jpg

And once again missed pics of progress, but the process was pretty much the same as the other side. I finished welding up the area around the seat pan and welded it in place. Then took the entire area down to bare metal and hit it with self etch.

IMG_2081.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

And then bolted all the seats down.

IMG_2083.jpg

Sucks that the pics at the end were so scattered but I was rushing to get the pans in before I left for college. My parents wanted to use the garage while I was gone for school (mom has MS so winter is hard on her) and that wasn't going to happen unless I could get the car back in relatively one piece. (and I didn't want the seats just chillin somewhere for them to get messed up) Not pictured I hung the other door, installed the hood with some new hinges I got, and mounted the fenders. I think I took a pic on my cell so ill try to get that up soon.

Later ill try to find out what happened to the pics from this summer. I know I took them, they just aren't there. Hmm.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think. Some motivation to do some work over Christmas break would be nice. :drinks:

Looking great!

Although I have this strong feeling that it is actually your GF doing all the work and your the helper :peepwall:

It's all good though, You can be her helper cause chicks workin on cars are sexi as it gets :D

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Lol, It was actually pretty hard to motivate her... she always wanted to take breaks. Either way, like I said she isn't a current gf anymore... hasn't been for over a year now. lol. Guess thats what happens when it takes me over a year to post pics.

Incase any lurkers wanted to see what it looked like together after all of this, here is the pic I mentioned from my phone

IMG_0053.jpg

ive also been considering buying this:

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-D28402K-2-Inch-Small-Grinder/dp/B000BM6BMI/ref=sr_1_1?s=power-hand-tools&ie=UTF8&qid=1292132965&sr=1-1

Archived