Sundown Audio

If I'm not mistaken most every 18 inch woofer is made with the intentions of Deep Bass.....Don't see why SD would be any different.

I mean sure you could tune your box for your 18's to be more musical then just a deep note hitter (My Burban) but most people buy 18's because they get low.... :8)

If I'm not mistaken most every 18 inch woofer is made with the intentions of Deep Bass.....Don't see why SD would be any different.

I mean sure you could tune your box for your 18's to be more musical then just a deep note hitter (My Burban) but most people buy 18's because they get low.... :8)

Yeah some woofers just handle lower notes better. I have no idea what mechanical aspect of the sub its based on, but each sub is definitley unique. Kind of general to say 18s are made to "get low", but I feel you. Can't hurt to see if anyone else is running these in a box tuned to 28-30sh.

teamsundown-1.jpg

usually the mass of an 18" cone lowers the Fs enough that low notes are very prominent when compared to the same speaker in a smaller size

nightshades have a pretty stiff suspension so i doubt u need to tune that low, iirc 34hz is a good note.... so 32hz at the lowest maybe

but the box will ultimately dictate what notes the subs responds best too

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I think its more like 75% knowing what to do and 25% box and equipment....

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Two NightShade 18s playing Gorilla Zoe - Waddle screwed version peaking @ 31hz. Is that low enough for you?

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Just a little fyi. All Sundown subwoofers play the lows just fine. Even the little Sa-12s will get loud & low down in the 20hz range.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

usually the mass of an 18" cone lowers the Fs enough that low notes are very prominent when compared to the same speaker in a smaller size

nightshades have a pretty stiff suspension so i doubt u need to tune that low, iirc 34hz is a good note.... so 32hz at the lowest maybe

but the box will ultimately dictate what notes the subs responds best too

Its not that I need to tune it that low, I want to tune it that low. Thanks for the vid derrick good looking out. I guess Ill tune it to 28 and see how they like it.

teamsundown-1.jpg