Sonic Electronix

i'm somewhat of a newbie to "good,big" car audio and i keep hearing the term "imaging" but no real good explanation of what exactly "imaging" is or how to accomplish it.so if someone could give me a good definition and helpful tips on how to do it that would be greatly appreciated. i know every car is different but there must be things that are the same in all vehicles.

Guest MegaloManiac

Imagin is the way you positin all of your equipment. The ideal Image in car audio would be to have your sound, sounding like its coming straight in front of you at eye level as if you were at a concert. another example is, you want it to sound to wear your speakers were sitting in front of you at midhood of your ride(distance). Its somewhat of a tough task but with a bit of work its possible. any more questions let us know

some tips I've seen work are having your mids in kick panels facing you. Your tweeters in the A-Pillars,not aimed at you but aimed off axis towards each other. the off axis of the tweeters helps lift the sound towards the dash. A few other tips would be using time allignment and whatnot.

Edited by MegaloManiac
tips

thats why i like my pioneer head unit cause it automatically sets the imaging for all the speakers. :)

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

its easier than without it. i mean, sure i made a few adjustments even after it adjusted itself.

Imaging also has to do with speaker placement. thats why components sound kick ass when you put the tweets in the pillars.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

haha i sure wish it was. I wouldn't be fiberglassing door pods right now if it were. Although they still look nice. :)

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Guest MegaloManiac
its easier than without it. i mean, sure i made a few adjustments even after it adjusted itself.

Imaging also has to do with speaker placement. thats why components sound kick ass when you put the tweets in the pillars.

i did mention that as well ;)

it be way harder on you since you got that big ass wall sitting behind you and your frontstage gets drowned out :unsure:

Just throw then in the stock positions and let er rip!!! I wish! not even my benz has good imaging drivers low in the door and tweets in the window "sail" area.....:(

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

yes the wall is hard to balance out with the highs. Srry i didnt mention the placement earlier. i know you cant just buy a head unit and fix the prob. thats why i fiberglassed my door panels and put my tweets in the pillars and shit and it sounds Amazing!!!

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

The "sail" area isn't that bad for tweets actually. At least I don't think so. With some aiming, those are some okay locations. The mid's shouldn't be that high up, or at least they don't have to be, whereas high tweeters give the illusion of height, like megalo said.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall