Sonic Electronix

what type of enclosures produces the most bass?

Actually a tline is nothing like ported, in fact opposite if anything

I Vote T-lines my self, as long as your NOT doing straight up SPL, but cone area to cone area, watt to watt, I vote tline for efficiency, and low end

What a tline is, is a guide, your Only delaying the rear wave from the front wave until the rear and front wave re align and create a whole lot of bass

A ported box on the other hand is pressurizing air in a box, and using a port as a valve in a sense, open the valve enough, you will get more air flow

If you wanna get technical then yes, but a t line is the same as a ported box with a really long port. How it acts is the difference. I don't really care for them myself unless your running under 1k watts. Anything over that I think that they lose their effectiveness.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

pressurized box vs free flowing, if you look at the differences on a impedance graph, its completely opposite.

If your talking about a - I think its called a choked transmission line where there is a cavity, even then they are still different

The tunnel is not a port, but a tuned wavelength

I have done ported boxes where you tune the port to a quarter wave, and its just not the same, you need to do a smaller area port

Tlines sound different, react different, work different

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Okay Forevr. I'm strongly considering a t-line right now, for my two 12"s. And I'm trying to learn all I can about them.

I always hear people say > A t-line will get just as loud on half the power. Okay, that's fine, but if my power stays the same {700 wts RMS for my two 12"s} will that help ?

Currently, I have my two 12"s in a tuned ported enclosure (3 cubes, to about 32hz) and they sound great..... pretty loud, and very musical. I'm just bored, and want a new toy. But too poor to buy bigger, badder subs or amps.

So I'm thinking about t-lines.

How would "you" compare the output of a couple 12"s in a correctly built tuned ported enclosure, to that of the same 12"s, with the same power, in a correctly built t-line ???

A little louder ? Cleaner ? Flatter ? Deeeeper ?

Just trying to decide if it's worth it. I know every enclosure has its +'s and -'s, and if the only minus with a t-line, is that they are really big, I think I can handle that........ but I wouldn't want to go through all that trouble, and take up all that space, if I (and the people I showed it off to ;)) didn't say, "Holy $#!+" !

And again, I have a really nice ported enclosure right now....

Forevr ? Anyone ?

Peace,

Fish

Edited by Fish Chris

In your opinion what type of enclosure would produces the most bass??

SEALED?

PORTED/VENTED?

ANGLED?

BANDPASS?

I'd go ported you don't need alot of power to get good sound from your subs bandpass are very efficiant but in a very narrow bandwith and the sub has to be one that can be put into such a box. one note of caution with a bandpass box you might not realize your pushing the sub to hard and kill it

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

• 2 weeks later...
Actually a tline is nothing like ported, in fact opposite if anything

I Vote T-lines my self, as long as your NOT doing straight up SPL, but cone area to cone area, watt to watt, I vote tline for efficiency, and low end

What a tline is, is a guide, your Only delaying the rear wave from the front wave until the rear and front wave re align and create a whole lot of bass

A ported box on the other hand is pressurizing air in a box, and using a port as a valve in a sense, open the valve enough, you will get more air flow

i like t-lines we did a fully loady 15"btl in a 03 tibaron with a kicker 2500.1 and a 30 d eclipse head unit he is hitting 144.4 on music with a t-line and 1 15"

95 towncar

1 1800 kinetik under the hood 1 2400 in trunk

1fi 18 btl fully loaded in a 9.75 cu.ft box tuned at 28htz

eclipse 30d head unit

4 re 6x9

4 super tweets

2 clarion dpx11500 on sub over 3000 watts

1 directed 200 on tweets

1 alc 1200 on 4 6x9

8000k hids

candy blue pant by alex the great

24" but not on car yet tranny went out

lambo kit

5 2400 kinetik comeing soon

4 more dpx11500 comeing soon

2 more 18" fi btl fully loaded with a wall

all work done at my shop RAZORS EDGE AUDIO

i like t-lines we did a fully loady 15"btl in a 03 tibaron with a kicker 2500.1 and a 30 d eclipse head unit he is hitting 144.4 on music with a t-line and 1 15"

I like ported.

I did a single 12" with a 400w rockford amp (200.2 from 1996) and was able to get up to 144 db.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion