Sundown Audio

Test Results for an AudioPipe 3k

BigPimpin91

3 Group 31's. but I had the car off.

It took it a little better with the car running.

I rolled the volume for the tests and I waited 4 seconds before I took the measurements.

I'm not calling you a liar or anything, but it's pretty damn hard to hit the hold button on 4 different meters at the same time 4 seconds into a burp. I'm pretty sure that would be damn near impossible to do. Two yes I guess it's possible, but 4 I just have a hard time believing that you were able to hit the hold buttons simutaneously on each of the meters. I know people that have tested the amp too and didn't even get 1800 out of the amp at 3.88 ohms. Yes they ran it lower than recomended, and no it didn't make the rated power. That's where my disbelief comes from. If you say this amp did it then okay, but I think that you need some true rms meters before you claim that this is actual power.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I'm not calling you a liar or anything, but it's pretty damn hard to hit the hold button on 4 different meters at the same time 4 seconds into a burp. I'm pretty sure that would be damn near impossible to do. Two yes I guess it's possible, but 4 I just have a hard time believing that you were able to hit the hold buttons simutaneously on each of the meters. I know people that have tested the amp too and didn't even get 1800 out of the amp at 3.88 ohms. Yes they ran it lower than recomended, and no it didn't make the rated power. That's where my disbelief comes from. If you say this amp did it then okay, but I think that you need some true rms meters before you claim that this is actual power.

They're rated 1000 watts at 4 ohms though so wouldn't that be good?

I don't know anything about this kind of stuff so I may be way off, just asking.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

they are rated at 2000 watts at 4 ohms. mine was tested and wired at 4 ohms getting 6.XX ohms with rise I was getting around 1500 watts as well. Don't remember the exact numbers though. my voltage was aroudn 12.8 with a d3100 in the trunk and stock alt revved.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

they are rated at 2000 watts at 4 ohms. mine was tested and wired at 4 ohms getting 6.XX ohms with rise I was getting around 1500 watts as well. Don't remember the exact numbers though. my voltage was aroudn 12.8 with a d3100 in the trunk and stock alt revved.

Im fairly positive that @ 4ohm, there rated @ 1k rms

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Ok Bigpimpin. Would you recommend these amps for the price and to run near3k daily?

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Wow, really. All this over a cheap ass amp that actually puts decent out power.

Look, this amp is great for the money. If you can afford something better then do it but if you are looking to build some power without breaking the bank then this is the way to go. For what you can get these for you can try it and if it isn't what you are looking for then move on to greater things. Main drawback is that it is huge.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

its long but skinny so to many people it works right in the space they have... like me. :)

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

Archived