Mechman Alternators

ugh... What you gonna do about this??

Kinda what I did, only it was one of the things full of dilluted winshield washer fluid at the gas stations.

well it looks as if Im not going to get a certified score at the 3x show 30 minutes from my house this weekend, so hopefully next weekend everything will be squared away and ill be driving that 5 hours to the 2x db drag show on August 29th for my certified score

at

Audio Designs

1213 Gilmore Ave

Suite 13 Winona Mn, 55987

i was going to that but 1 of my amps went bad. so im going to miss it :(

Again, my point was not to start anything with the company..

Since I got this alternator I loved it.

Going from a brand X alternator in my caddy that wouldnt fit my tahoe, I called mechman to recase it for me because brand X just wanted to sell me a new $550 unit. Mechman was real cool when I called them up, took a look at this bran x alt and said in all honestly, its not worth recasing it for the $60 we charge after the dyno testing. After that I got a real good deal on a Brand new alt, not a "oem rebuilt alt" at a fraction of the cost, that had a higher output at idle vs the peak output of the brand x.

From my caddy to my tahoe, with pratically the same setups, just different alt between the 2, and more power in the tahoe Ive noticed way less voltage drop, and I could beat on my system full tilt longer then ever before.

Yea, I was a little heated when I had to pull over because I smell something stanking. I think we all would be. The timing of this happening could of been better (like monday after the triple point show, where i have a couple weeks to the next show and not pressed for time), or it could of been worse (like on my way home from the show 2 hours away the other night and be stranding).

Anyways, I talked to Matt again today, and he is really a great guy!! But Mechmans Customer Service is the best I ever delt with YET!!! Matt offered to ship me a loaner alternator just for the 3x show/competitor party this weekend (should have it thursday or friday). He said he was a competitor and knows what we competitors go thru, which is something you dont see much from a manufactures point of view.

So Mechman Alts are still on top in my book, taken care of their customers above and beyond their need just to make them happy, and still one of the best companies Ive delt with in the audio business!!

:give_rose::air_kiss::friends::give_rose::air_kiss::friends::give_rose::air_kiss::friends::give_rose::air_kiss::friends:

Anyways, I talked to Matt again today, and he is really a great guy!! But Mechmans Customer Service is the best I ever delt with YET!!! Matt offered to ship me a loaner alternator just for the 3x show/competitor party this weekend (should have it thursday or friday). He said he was a competitor and knows what we competitors go thru, which is something you dont see much from a manufactures point of view.

Holy effin' excrement!!!

That's unheard of, I've never been as anxious to spend my hard earned money with a company as I am with Mechman, i'm going to order a Rhino series for my Monte and with customer service like this I know I'll be in good hands. Kudos to you Matt, you definitely went above and beyond with this one!

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Holy effin' excrement!!!

That's unheard of, I've never been as anxious to spend my hard earned money with a company as I am with Mechman, i'm going to order a Rhino series for my Monte and with customer service like this I know I'll be in good hands. Kudos to you Matt, you definitely went above and beyond with this one!

unheard of.

i didn't think this was bad to post.

it shows how some companies deal with problems.

and in matts case he is above and beond , so i don't think it offended him.

now some other companies would be fuming and want this deleated.

this is the type of stuff that made me choose to buy from matt.

and i like most others couldn't be happier.

now like bangin said he was heated when he started this so he could have worded this better.

but we have all been there...

2000 explorer xlt

cda-9887 with imprint ktx-100 + ipod120

mechman rhino 250 alt with xs-power d3400 + d3100

id oems -

Dayton RS52AN-8 2" Dome Midrange

hat L1 PRO -

1 x fi Q15 d2 non-bp with 3.8 cuft net 60 sq inch L-port tuned to 28 hz - sub up , port back

2 x sax 100.4d -

2 x saz1500d -

second skin damplifier 80 ft

and a btl soon

It is most deffinetly unheard of!!!

Makes me really happy. Like I said, I work for a shop (long time friend is my boss) and thru out all our distributers we have and that are dealers of, Ive never received this kinda support or customer service.

Also, I talked to matt again last night, and the loaner alternator he is sent me out, he said I can just keep that for exchange of my one I sent back to him. Which is even cooler yet, because now I dont have to take it back out and ship it back!!

Hats off too mechman alternators!!!

It is most deffinetly unheard of!!!

Makes me really happy. Like I said, I work for a shop (long time friend is my boss) and thru out all our distributers we have and that are dealers of, Ive never received this kinda support or customer service.

Also, I talked to matt again last night, and the loaner alternator he is sent me out, he said I can just keep that for exchange of my one I sent back to him. Which is even cooler yet, because now I dont have to take it back out and ship it back!!

Hats off too mechman alternators!!!

It gets no better than that. Well i'm glad you got your situation resolved in such a timely manner, hopefully this alt is rock solid for you for a few years now. I wish bigger companies would take notes on customer service from Matt, he truly goes out of his way to make sure his customers are happy not only with their product but also with his service. Hats off to ya Matt.

I'm saving up my pennies to get a Rhino series from you to hopefully get rid of the disco lights in my car, hopefully I won't have the issues Bangin' has had with his since I'm not a competitor and don't have a massive system but judging from your track record of customer service, i'm not even worried about it.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

That's what seperates the good companies and the bad ones... Customer service!!! I personally wont even talk to a rep, if they act like I am taking "their" time up... Good for you, and Mechman gets another gold star on the board!!! lol :drinks:

It gets no better than that. Well i'm glad you got your situation resolved in such a timely manner, hopefully this alt is rock solid for you for a few years now. I wish bigger companies would take notes on customer service from Matt, he truly goes out of his way to make sure his customers are happy not only with their product but also with his service. Hats off to ya Matt.

I'm saving up my pennies to get a Rhino series from you to hopefully get rid of the disco lights in my car, hopefully I won't have the issues Bangin' has had with his since I'm not a competitor and don't have a massive system but judging from your track record of customer service, i'm not even worried about it.

After talking with matt, he thinks my problem was that it being a externally regulated alternator there is no resistive load (if im remembering right), meaning my alt kept making power working hard, when it didnt need to since the external regulator didnt have the resistive load like a internally regulated alternator or even a stock alt would. Then since the alt was working hard at a idle, it may have overheated since its not spinning as fast to properly cool.

We discussed it a bit, and he thinks that the regular computer controlled regulator would be by far better, Esp when I step up to 3 alts (and my next 2 will deffinitly come from Mechman!!

Wow I did not know you couldn't use a stock alt at a 3x event...when that rule come in play?

Its not, but after spending almost 700$ in amp repairs, to go and draw a good solid 700+ amps of current off 2 D3100s and a shitty front battery, and bassrace the 149.9 class will take quiet a toll on your electrical IMO. Lets say this, Im dropping into the low 12volts on a stock alt with 1 3000wrms amp wired at 1.5 (3ohms total after rise) giving me a good 1600wrms. No imaging 2 amps ran at .75 ohms

Besides my 2 d3100s, and my Mechman Alt thats the only thing I have going for voltage, since I got 1 run of 14 feet Db Link power wire that loses over a 1 volt due to resistance from front to back.

Im not trying to fry amps again.